FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Family Outings Are Fun, Buuuuuuuut.......  (Read 2097 times)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Family Outings Are Fun, Buuuuuuuut.......
« on: Aug 22, 2004, 08:12 AM »
   thought maybe i could take a minute to vent! :(  yesterday it rained hard all day,so i didnt get to fish at all :-\  today is a beautiful day in the sixties thus far brilliant sunshine and the air is very dry compared to the humid days we have had lately!here is my dillema...
                                              ...i have to go to a family get together/BBQ where even though the company and food will be the best it will be eating up the best day we have had in two weeks!the worst part is my parents are planning on unvieling their new headstone with their names already on it!i dont really understand why this is an occasion for them.nevermind reason for a BBQ.they are in their 70's and in fairly good health.and the use of that stone will only be as a result of the  death of one of them and is hardly a joyous occasion for any of us. :'(
        oh well family obligations thanks for letting me whine a little. my wife says im being selfish :o and shes right ::) but i knew if i use fishing as an alternative,i could get some sympathy here ;D
Scotty 

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
Re: Family Outings Are Fun, Buuuuuuuut.......
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2004, 09:26 AM »
all i can say is I can relate. my mother in law anounced one day that her and her husband have had purchased grave sites for themselves as well as all there children and spouses.she was actually beeming with happiness. my husband was seriously grosed out by the thought that he now knows were he will be planted ....people get wierd when they hit there 70s just roll with it there only going to get stranger as time goes on  ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Well Billditrite I can relate to what your saying . I lost my father the most dear man in my life not two years ago and there is a gravestone up with his name on it . It took me over a year to finally go and see it . It was a bit of a shock to say the least when I saw my mothers name on it too just with the date of death left out . Like Missfishy says roll with the punches but I know its hard . That's alot of why we go fishing is to reflect and get understanding of things we have no control over . I'm happy for you your parents are still both healthy and you can have BBQ's with them so cherish those moments for the moment .
     TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I never really understood why people pay good money for gravesites for themselves. I mean, they are going to be dead when they use them, so what good is it to them? ;)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2004, 12:32 PM »
i couldnt agree more...id rather take the thousands it cost for a plot and a stone and bring the whole family to disney or seaworld or something while im alive!!really give them some memories instead of a big rock with my name on it.oh well we are havivng it at my sisters and i have access to MFF so its not so bad. :-\
Scotty 

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2004, 06:49 PM »
These sites are bought ahead of time to aleviate the burden of this major cost to the children.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2004, 07:40 PM »
i understand why they bought the stone and site , i just dont know why the enjoyed it so much :-\
Scotty 

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2004, 09:21 AM »
The joy comes in knowing they are making their passing much easier on the ones they love. That's one thing you won't have to think about in your grief. Real act of love I'd say.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

missfishylicious

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2004, 10:28 AM »
yep thats how I took it.definatly a gift from the heart but I didn't get why she was so exstatic about it I still say it's a little wierd just a little  ;)

pot-belly-pike

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2004, 02:28 PM »
Its like  <tough-love>  sometimes it helps  things will happen & things will go on
  a lot bof old people are set in there ways  & there is nothing you can do about it

just hang in there  this day shell pass
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

Cider

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2004, 03:15 PM »
What a morbid conversation this has turned into...family BBQ at the cemetary??

My family purchased their family burial plots years ago.  I never understood that.

I have to agree with TFB on this one though.  What's the point in preserving your body and burying it for all of eternity?  It isn't like you can actually come back to claim it for future use!!

Why waste the money and real estate?  I always thought that I would rather be cremated, mixed with the ashes of my birddogs, and sprinkled over my favorite fishing and hunting areas.  Simple and serene.  No overwhelming financial burdens on anyone.

However, I read this recent article that got me to thinking about a strange twist on the cremation idea.  It seems that this widow of an avid outdoorsman shipped her husband's ashes off to a shotshell manufacturer where they were mixed in with the powder for shotgun shells.

These special loads were then given to all of his buddies and they took them out on a bird hunt of a lifetime!  What a way to be honored for the last time!!  ;D

bushbunny

« Reply #11 on: Aug 29, 2004, 06:21 PM »
I will be cremated, and the ashes dropped from a friend's plane over the lakes and bush that I fished and hunted.  That way when my still living partners either go hunting or fishing, all they have to do is pick up a handful of dirt or beachsand, put it in their pocket and I will still be along with them!!! ;D ;)

missfishylicious

« Reply #12 on: Aug 29, 2004, 07:26 PM »
they don't need to pick up dirt no one is going to forget they knew a girl called bushbunny  ;D ;D but thats a great idea for your ashes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.