FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: RETREAT!!!  (Read 2604 times)

Cider

RETREAT!!!
« on: Aug 28, 2004, 09:05 AM »
Well, our lab group, fourteen of us, is going on a retreat next week.  We will be in the Adirondack mountains in the Saranac Lake area.  We will spend the week talking science while relaxing in a mountain lodge away from the stuffy confines of our lab!

The week is scheduled with presentations that everyone must give on their research.  It will be an intensive session of scientific discussion and collaboration...

We rented a lodge that features whirlpool tubs, living room, dining room, kitchen, family room, bath, laundry, and an outdoor hot tub on the main floor.  Seven  bedrooms and four baths in total!  The entire lodge accomodates 12-14 people and is on the shores of Lake Flower with a private beach and boats, living room with fireplace, lakeside dining room and deck, TV/VCR, covered porch, 2 enclosed porches, and 2 decks overlooking the lake!

I just got my assigned packing list yesterday.  Everyone is responsible for bringing some of the food items to add to the menu.  The list was designed by the comittee that was put in charge of planning.  They must know me well...

I am in charge of bringing the BEER and FISHIN' GEAR!!!  ;D  Wooo Hooo!!!  ;D  ;D  FISH ON!!  Toss me another beer!!!  ;D  ;D

seaweed01

Re: RETREAT!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Sounds like a tough retreat!

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2004, 09:47 AM »
Sounds like a rough week you've got planned.  ::)  Don't work too hard.  ;D  Man, I'm going to have to start floating some similar ideas around with my co-workers.  ;D  Seriously, sounds great, enjoy yourself.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2004, 11:21 AM »
sounds fun cider!!!you must be looking forward to all that hard work!might want to check the hunting regs and see whats in season also you might want to bring your blaze orange collar! ;D
Scotty 

Chucker

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2004, 12:04 PM »
Cider, if you can get time out for a meal, I'd highly suggest hitting La Casa Del Sol in Saranac Lake.  Great Mexican chow!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Cider,
Life is good! ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Cider

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2004, 11:28 PM »
Hey Chucker thanks for the tip on the chow!!  I'll definitely have time to check it out. 

Billditrite - the ole blaze orange collar is like the American Express card... I never leave home without it!  8)

Anyone know anything about the fishing in Saranac Lake??  Trout? Bass? Walleye?  What gives??  ???

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #7 on: Aug 29, 2004, 12:23 AM »
Good luck on your hard week of work!  Wish our retreats were as nice as the one you're goin' to Mike!  Have fun and get some ideas to assist you on your next scientific discovery!  ;D

Chucker

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2004, 07:47 AM »
Anyone know anything about the fishing in Saranac Lake??  Trout? Bass? Walleye?  What gives??  ???

DEC map for Lake Flower - (PDF)
Tons of recreational boat traffic, since Flower is right in town.  Mostly northerns and largies.  No walleyes.

DEC map for Lake Colby -  (PDF)
West side of town, across from the Adirondack Medical Center.  A lot less traffic.  Mixed bag of trout, landlocks, and bass.

Those are the two closest places to fish, though there are a TON more within 30 minutes.  A fair amount of stream fishing if you prefer, too.  Blue Line Sport Shop is right smack in the middle of town.  Pretty decent folk there.

I went to college at Paul Smiths, which is perhaps 20 minutes west of town.  I do have some vague memories of some classes mixed in with a proper education in North Country fishing  ;D  Lower St. Regis was my home water there.  Northerns, smallies, and largies.

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #9 on: Aug 29, 2004, 08:30 AM »
woo hoo I'll meet you there  ;) ;D
actualy thats was one of the stops on our honeymoon it was a few years ago  ;) but we caught a bunch of large mouths and one bruiser hit my lure so hard it we almost fell out of the boat.A lightning storm came while were fishing and we had to run for shore soaked to bones.somehow my hubby got a fire started (my hero) we dried out and warmed up stayed there for hours  ;) ;D. it's a small lake but I can smell the balsums and see the mist rising off the water now  ;D ;D ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Cider

« Reply #10 on: Aug 29, 2004, 02:26 PM »
Wow Chucker!!  That's awesome!  Thanks for the info!!  If you ever come up by way of New Hampshire, let me know and I will try to return the favor!!

Northerns and bucketmouths are just what the doctor ordered...

MissFishy - bring it on!  I'll be on Lake Flower Tue-Fri!  Just look for the guy with the funny nose and a blaze orange collar in the middle of the lake!

We have seminars to sit through from 10am-noon and 5pm-6pm on Wed. and Thu (yeah we're working hard).  The rest of the time...well as Alan Jackson says "it's five o'clock in Margaritaville"!!!!  ;D

Chucker

« Reply #11 on: Aug 29, 2004, 09:56 PM »
woo hoo I'll meet you there  ;) ;D
actualy thats was one of the stops on our honeymoon it was a few years ago  ;)

Saranac was one of the first for our honeymoon, too.  Hit Kinney's for cold medicine, and Blue Line for worms.  Then headed down to Upper Cascade for some brookies.  We stayed here in September of 2002. 

Hookset

« Reply #12 on: Aug 31, 2004, 01:55 PM »
I was married in Saranac as well. Lake Flower is stuffed full of bass, it was actually on of the legal waters for the ESPN Great Outdoor Games a few years ago.  My in-laws live in Tupper.  The mexican restaurant in Saranac,  the CASA is excellent.  Enjoy the area up there.  I just got back from a visit a week ago and it is beautiful right now, especially with vacation season slowing down.  Enjoy.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

grumpymoe

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2004, 04:46 PM »
Cider....a dawgie in charge of the beer and fishing gear?? hope you have a ton of fun...don't sweat over the presentations...just keep focused!!! 8) 8)....grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.