FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullhead bait  (Read 1002 times)

Reelmaster

Bullhead bait
« on: Aug 30, 2004, 12:40 PM »
There is a tourny close by to my hometown and they are paying out for bullheads.  What is good bait for them.  I have lots of night crawlers and some sauger's for cut bait.  Also i was wondering if frogs would work.  Any other suggestions would help me win. Thanks.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Polar

Re: Bullhead bait
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2004, 07:27 PM »
There is a tourny close by to my hometown and they are paying out for bullheads.  What is good bait for them.  I have lots of night crawlers and some sauger's for cut bait.  Also i was wondering if frogs would work.  Any other suggestions would help me win. Thanks.

Frogs work along with nightcrawlers,shrimp,minnows ect.The trick with them is you want scent.Heck I have even caught them on white bread you make a doughball and put it on the hook also use some of the guts from the saugers. If your allowed prebait the spot two days ahead get a burlap sack put in a bunch of fish parts and toss it out where you intend to fish then just cast next too the spot.

Hookset

Re: Bullhead bait
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Go with chicken livers, they create a nice oil slick/scent trail and the bullies love them. 
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.