FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 373661 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #2190 on: Nov 20, 2020, 11:09 AM »
Looks good RG!

And you aren’t kidding about chest freezer organization. Just this morning I ordered 2 additional baskets that go across the top. Making it easier for the bride - one for chicken, me for beef and the original one for fish/veggies

Mac Attack

« Reply #2191 on: Nov 20, 2020, 12:56 PM »
walleye fillets and some stuffed bell peppers dor dindin tonight

Mac Attack

« Reply #2192 on: Nov 20, 2020, 01:42 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2193 on: Nov 20, 2020, 03:02 PM »
Looks good RG!

And you aren’t kidding about chest freezer organization. Just this morning I ordered 2 additional baskets that go across the top. Making it easier for the bride - one for chicken, me for beef and the original one for fish/veggies

Wish they made those for mine. I use dollar store dish pans. They work ok but when it gets full I have to dig. It’s just my Bride and I. It’s a small freezer but more than adequate for us. We stock up every now and again just because. We both prefer fresh, but with the current situation one can never tell what’s going to be available.

Hopefully times will change.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2194 on: Nov 20, 2020, 04:28 PM »
Made garlic basil fettuccine today. Topped it with mushroom Alfredo and steamed broccoli.
The prep

A nice hearts of lettuce and cucumber salad with malt vinaigrette.

OYE it was good.!
Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #2195 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:07 PM »

Made homemade perogies buried in homemade krout, was awesome! A recipe right from Poland my grandma gave to my mother who is no longer here either but shared all recipes with me in 70s and 80s when I was younger ! Basic but increadably tasty! Filled belly for our opening of shotgun tomorrow!

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2196 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:52 PM »
First attempt at the great Utica delicacy Chicken Riggies

filetandrelease

« Reply #2197 on: Nov 21, 2020, 06:42 PM »

Looks great everyone

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2198 on: Nov 22, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Looks good RG!

Must say I am delighted with the extra baskets. Still plenty of room underneath to store the rest of the pig, a brisket, a pork shoulder and venison.

Think I might get one more. Won’t be able to slide them side to side but I can get underneath by just removing one

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2199 on: Nov 23, 2020, 02:21 AM »
Where did you get those baskets? I like those a lot..

Had a request for the pickled perch recipe.
Pickled perch;
1 lb perch fillets cut into chunks
**Only use completely frozen fillets to avoid any possible parasites***
1 whole large white onion sliced

Brine;
Dissolve enough salt in 2 quarts of water to float a raw egg. Sounds weird but its the only measure I’ve ever used. Use only non iodized salt . I use Kosher salt.

Brine the fish overnight in the fridge. Drain and rinse with cold water.

Pickling;
2c white vinegar
1c cider vinegar
1c white wine. Use something you like to drink. I prefer Pinot Grigio
1c sugar
2 tbsp pickling spices.
Add all ingredients to a non reactive pan ( I wouldn’t suggest using your best non-stick cookware ) bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar and remove from the heat. Let it cool completely than strain the pickling spices from the solution.

Layer fish and onions in a jar and fill with solution. Poke a chopstick around in the jar to release any trapped bubbles. Cover the fish and onions completely with the remaining solution , cap the jar and stick it in the fridge.

I try to wait 3-4 days before digging in. It’s probably good for a month in the fridge, but it wont last that long.

If you want a stronger vinegar taste, use all white vinegar and cut back the sugar.

This recipe will fill a 1/2 gallon jar. I have a dedicated pan for making pickling. A 4 quart Revere Ware pan from Goodwill. Pickling will leave a lasting impression on Non Stick stuff. Stainless is best.

Enjoy,
Rg

Mac Attack

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2201 on: Nov 23, 2020, 04:31 AM »
I have two twenty three cubic foot freezers and they each came with six baskets. You can have the bottom of the freezer and two rows of baskets above.
 Im only using five in each now..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2202 on: Nov 23, 2020, 04:34 AM »
Last night was stuffed bell peppers covered in cheese...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #2203 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:37 AM »

Yes sir stuffed peppers , Spanish rice here to , never topped with cheese , next time thanks Dom

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2204 on: Nov 23, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Lots of Spanish rice ..   ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.