FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Interesting walleye observation  (Read 3765 times)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Interesting walleye observation
« on: Apr 27, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Last year at one of my favorite walleye spots, there was an interesting pattern.  Every single time I was on it, I didn't get a bite from an eye until the carp started jumping nearby.   Funny thing is that about 8am when the bite would stop, so did the carp  ??? go figure  ::)

grumpymoe

Re: Interesting walleye observation
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:53 PM »
for the life of me, I cannot figure out what the corelation would be...Grump ???

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Maybe when the carp were jumping they were stirring up the minnow schools and causing confusion, the walleye may have been taking advantage of the spooked and confused minnows.
Just a though :-\

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 03:14 PM »
The walleyes were feeding on carp... ;)
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 09:47 PM »
Is that why I'm hearing those eye's out East taste so weird???!?!!!?!?!?!   ;D ;D ;D :evil: :evil:

Sorry - just couldn't let that one past, had to do a little razzing ;).

you're right...they taste horrible...thats what I tell everyone 'round here  ;D ;D

Waubay Fisher

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:58 PM »
you're right...they taste horrible...thats what I tell everyone 'round here  ;D ;D
ROFLMAO.....  That's a VERY smart tactic... more good eatin' fer you eh!!!  I might have to try that one sometime!!  :w00t:

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 06:52 AM »

Yup.  People should eat more carp.  Deeeelicious... ;D
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.