FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need a lot of help here  (Read 6079 times)

busler15

need a lot of help here
« on: Jul 31, 2006, 10:29 AM »

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
Re: need a lot of help here
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2006, 11:17 AM »
How are you going about it?
Easiest is trolling w/ crawler harness'. If your to weedy and/or shallow though, you'll want to use fuzzy grubs tipped w/ a minnow or leetch. 'eyes LOVE leetches!
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2006, 11:23 AM »
First look for weed edges around points or shoals, and try bucktail jigs tipped with half a night crawler or crankbaits/stickbaits.  If that doesn't produce try drifting if there's enough wind.  Worm harnesses close to the bottom in deeper water.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2006, 02:23 PM »
sounds like your problem is fishing waters with small populations.  You're going to strike out more often than not with numbers like that.  But you can't beat the tactics mentioned above.

They usually hit the jigs really light so be ready for nothing but a little tap or your line going slack.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

OTIS

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Right now is probably the toughest part of the soft water to get into walleye.  By the end of September they'll be into their fall feeding pattern, and are much easier to catch.  During the fall bite I fish from shore with jigs or crank/stick baits at night.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

busler15

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2006, 02:46 PM »

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #6 on: Jul 31, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Have you tried fishing at night for them?  There has to be some kind of minnow.  They probably come into the shallows at night to chase them.  I'm sure there are shiners or fatheads in there.  There are some lakes around here you are only going to catch eyes at night.  They come right into 2 fow to eat the minnows.
In that case I would use either a 1/16 oz jig or a floating rap.  Or longline harnesses.

I pull some of my best eyes out of a lake thats only 150 acres.
care for a warm up?

busler15

« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2006, 03:07 PM »

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2006, 03:17 PM »
make sure you let us know how you did.
care for a warm up?

pinche

• Amen
« Reply #9 on: Jul 31, 2006, 03:23 PM »
and be carefull throwing lake names around or it may become everyones home lake. ;)
Rockbassin everyone is doing it !!

Proud member of M.I.R.C. since 2006

busler15

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Ha, thanks guys, will do!~

busler15

« Reply #11 on: Aug 15, 2006, 12:48 PM »
still nothing. Maybe im just not giving it time. i am marking fishin on the sonar, i drop a line, either a erie dearie with a crawler, leech on a jig, or just a crawler on a jig and nothing. Ill have to keep trying though

oldken

• oldken
« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2006, 08:42 PM »
try using a bottom bouncer and spinner rig tipped with either a leech or crawler go real slow so you can feel the bottom. keep bouncing the bottom by lifting up and dropping back. you often won't feel a bite they are just ther when you lift up. we get a lot of them this way on the st.lawerence. right now fish deep old ken by the way right now we are using white spinners

MasterAngler

« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2006, 02:00 PM »
You've gotten alot of good advice already, but looks like you've got your work cut out for you on this lake, the population is definately playing a major factor in your hunt.  I also fish on a super clear lake for walleyes some times.  Being so clear I find the best presentation to be a plain lead jig (no paint) grey, tipped with a complete nightcrawler, and slowly backtroll it on the bottom, to cover some water and find active fish.  Try a plain jig if you haven't already, it really shines in gin clear lakes.  Keep trying into the night fishing anywhere from 2-20 plus feet.  Good Luck.   :)
Seven days without fishing, makes one weak.

busler15

« Reply #14 on: Sep 14, 2006, 03:47 PM »
well, there is hope. a friend of my cousin's caught an eyeball on the lake while we were fishing last weekend. It was 24-25 inches and he got it on a lemon lime heddon tadpolly just casting and retrieving with various speeds. I think my problem was i was fishing at the wrong time. the water is much much cooler now and i think im going to get lucky now that its cooler!

thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.