FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How fast?  (Read 3835 times)

BBK

How fast?
« on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:44 AM »
How fast do you guys troll your worm harnesses?

walleyeguy

Re: How fast?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:55 AM »
1.5 to 2mph is what i found effective for me

the eyes have it...

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2009, 01:44 PM »
usually i like 1.6 to 1.8 but sometimes slower if that is what the fish wants

khaaxma

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2009, 01:55 PM »
I try to hold .9 mph most of the time (when using drop-shot rigs), but you just have to adjust based on the day and what the fish want. If I'm using body baits I will up the speed to about 1.5 mph.
I am blessed to live in a location where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Quack_Attack

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2009, 08:35 AM »
Our Saginaw bay rule of thumb w/boards, in-line or tethered.

Usually pull spinners 1.5 - 1.8 mph (GPS ground speed) Usually slower in cooler water a little faster in warmer waters. Use your turns as an indicator if the fish are hitting the inside lines it tells ya they want it slower if hitting the outside lines then speed up a little. Once the fish start showing a preference for lures trolled in the 2.0+ mph range we start switching to spoon harnesses, Hot n Tots (cranks), and Spoons , lures that are more tolerant to those speeds.

Inland waters my favorite is a Roach Rig or Lindy floater rig slowly back-trolled along weed edges
"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

www.muck-boy.com

http://www.refugepics.com/members/Quack_Attack/index.html

baybound1526

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2009, 06:32 PM »
I also troll the saginaw bay. For me its .8-1.2 mph...just enough for that blade to turn over...
THERES NO HEAD LIKE STEELHEAD

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2009, 09:20 AM »
For the most just fast enough to get the blade to flop over around .5 to 1.0 mph If I get bothered by a lot of panfish hits just pick up the speed a little. When the temps get warmer I also pick up the speed some. The best clue is let the fish tell ya what they want. Start slow turn some lazy S turns and see what rod gets the most hits on Outside rod to the turns runs faster inside rods run slower if one rod gets more hits thats the speed indicator to run straight lines with. You can also pump the rod some seeing if fish hit at rest or hit when being pumped. Just dont pull the harnesses give them a eratic movement much like a wounded baitfish for most action.
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.