FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: UL perch rod  (Read 11534 times)

perch md

UL perch rod
« on: Apr 18, 2016, 07:55 AM »
In the market for a new UL perch rod would like to here some suggestions on what you guys liked before I spend a bunch of money on a rod

Linc

Re: UL perch rod
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2016, 07:17 AM »
I bought a el cheapo Zebco UL with an underspin (?)reel at Ollie's and it did great on perch yesterday on Owasco. The line it came with sucked and swapped it out with some Trilene 4# test smooth. I have to admit it didn't do well casting a 1/32oz jig and slider. When I did my part it cast about 15-20 yards. But did much better with a little more weight. 2# test would have probably been a better choice but I didn't have any on hand.

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2016, 12:49 PM »
shore or boat fishing ??

from shore a ul steel head rod for distance casting and hook setting at a distance..
from boat I like ulgy sticks but in the ulgy stick light models... I got a 5.5 foot long light action  ulgy stick light I use for just such an occasion   

boondox

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2016, 12:56 PM »
the other thing about the long steel head rod is you don't have to get over the perch to catch them you can do it form a distance so not to spook them from a boat.. but you cant work lures like tiny crawls and pin minnows with the steel head rod  and perch harness and vertical jigging them.. that is were the shorter rod come in from the baot...

nightbird

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2016, 12:02 PM »
boondox, I'm wondering what steelhead rod you're using?

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2016, 03:01 PM »
Cvsm90ml2b it's a 9 foot 2 piece medium light power med slow action line 2 to 8 pound 1/16 to 1/4 ounce lure weight with michigan handle.. shimano convergence ..is the brand..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.