FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: soft plastics on jig heads for brook trout ?  (Read 4985 times)

Steve H.

Re: soft plastics on jig heads for brook trout ?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2023, 12:17 PM »
I've been using https://www.fishusa.com/Eurotackle-Micro-Finesse-Tungsten-Jig-Head/?sku=208741&gclid=CjwKCAjw8symBhAqEiwAaTA__L1mMfSeuz673j5ZhEV4u-iTcgGTiieO0arfcnVJUzEMCeSjBzLM3hoC1XUQAvD_BwE.  They're really nice, pricey of course, but I'd like to find something similar with heavier hooks for lakers/togue.  Any ideas?  Need them in 1/16 - 1/8 oz.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2023, 12:11 PM »
Steve the keitechs come in those sizes.  I just picked up a ton of them.

Steve H.

« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2023, 09:28 AM »
Steve the keitechs come in those sizes.  I just picked up a ton of them.

Thanks Jon.  I have a bunch of Keitechs too but even in those lighter weights, the hooks are too big for what I need (tiny YOY smelt imitations, 2-3").
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2024, 08:16 AM »
I have to increase my supply of tungsten jigs.  A  new law just passed. After 9/1/2026, it will be illegal to use painted lead jigheads of a ounce or less.  Since 2017, unpainted lead ones have been illegal.

I know this is an old post but I had to put this here: In Mass lead jigs are illegal but I couldn't find anyone there selling anything other then lead jigs, which included Walmart and Cabelas.  Over the phone a clerk at Cabelas said it's illegal to use lead but they are allowed to sell them. She asked me if that made sense. I said, "no."

And of course I couldn't find any tungsten jigs out there but fortunately was able to find them here in Indiana (where lead is legal) before I left for Mass two summers ago.

Not knocking Mass but why bother passing a law if no one has to abide by it? And like a good little boy I emptied out all my lead jigs and sinkers before heading to Mass but apparently didn't have to.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2024, 02:06 AM »
They dont enforce any fish and game laws in Mass.  30 years fishing there have never been checked for anything.  Theres a famous reason why.  Its called split shift overtime.  Look it up they got tons of news coverage for it.

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2024, 08:11 AM »
They dont enforce any fish and game laws in Mass.  30 years fishing there have never been checked for anything.  Theres a famous reason why.  Its called split shift overtime.  Look it up they got tons of news coverage for it.

Is that the one the state troopers engage in too?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

jacksmelt

« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2024, 09:46 AM »
I have to increase my supply of tungsten jigs.  A  new law just passed. After 9/1/2026, it will be illegal to use painted lead jigheads of a ounce or less.  Since 2017, unpainted lead ones have been illegal.
the 1st one was stupid. the 2nd one is even more stupid. now a complete ban?! idiot politicians that have nothing better to do than being little tyrants! just like the plastic bag ban. plain dumb! rant over!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2024, 11:12 AM »
Is that the one the state troopers engage in too?

Yup.  In the case of the EPO in mass you are more likely to see them doing the overtime shift at a public pool or some other state facility.  Costs tax payers a ton of money and we get no enviornmental enforcement.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.