FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: In case you all didn't already know  (Read 1588 times)

Smallmouth Squarepants

In case you all didn't already know
« on: Mar 31, 2022, 11:38 AM »
and seeing its been going around every facebook fishing group, but Marden's has a glut of fishing stuff. Lots of rods (most of it no name or entry stuff, but a couple of Falcon and low/mid tier Dobyns/Shimano/Daiwa/Duckett, some Ugly Stik and KastKing combos. No St Croix legend elites for under $200 this time that I could see!), bunch of bass baits both hard and soft, line and accessories too.

fish wayniac

Re: In case you all didn't already know
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2022, 04:48 PM »
Thanks I will check out the Scarborough store. Hit or miss at that location.

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2022, 07:03 AM »
Thanks I will check out the Scarborough store. Hit or miss at that location.
That's where I went the other day. Picked up some 6th Sense Quake 70 lipless cranks for under 6 each, they had a good selection of Whopper Ploppers too (nothing that would fill a hole in my collection already though/mostly bright colors). Bunch of KVD/Strike King stuff. And for those who are into hype more than fishing, a whole section of Googan Squad/Catch Co junk.

woodchip1

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2022, 09:13 AM »
I checked Mardens in Gray Nothing??

Ryan51993

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2022, 11:12 AM »
That's where I went the other day. Picked up some 6th Sense Quake 70 lipless cranks for under 6 each, they had a good selection of Whopper Ploppers too (nothing that would fill a hole in my collection already though/mostly bright colors). Bunch of KVD/Strike King stuff. And for those who are into hype more than fishing, a whole section of Googan Squad/Catch Co junk.
I'm sure there are better baits out there for less money but I wouldn't call all the googan stuff junk. The googan Ned rigs are the best I've used so far out of 4-5 brands I've tried.

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2022, 02:06 PM »
I'm sure there are better baits out there for less money but I wouldn't call all the googan stuff junk. The googan Ned rigs are the best I've used so far out of 4-5 brands I've tried.
Everything that I've tried has been Meh to Trash. One of their $10 jerkbaits broke on grass during the second use. SPARSE GRASS, not thick grass, not slop grass, not reeds, not wood, but sparse grass. The body broke too, not the bill, and the piece de resistance is that it was with a spinning rod with 10 lb line. You should not be able to generate the type of torque needed to fracture 2mm plastic with that set up. Your knot or line should break prior. So shoddy construction mixed with the fact that the action was like a Husky Jerk but a faster float made me write off ever getting another of their hard baits. Soft baits have been the Meh ones. The Senko one has no benefit over the actual senko (which has better and more colors and is usually the same price) or a Yum dinger (cheaper). The Ned rig one is ok, but falls short of the original Turd, the Roboworm bait, and the Jackall Yammy Fish, plus the rattle in the tail doesn't allow it to stand as well. The one I actually kind of liked was the slim shake, as it was a decent shakey head bait, but not worth the extra money over a Trick Worm or the better action of the YamamotoXDaiwa neko worms.

I do appreciate them listing the weight of the hard baits on the bait itself, so credit where credit is due. In the end though, there are cheaper options that work just as well if not better, and more pricey options that are miles better. I also think they are overprivileged man children who are loud and obnoxious, but separating creator from creation, I still think that it falls short. That just my opinion though, if you like em, buy em. Just don't start hooting and hollering like you caught a 10lber when you catch a 2 and we'll be golden.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.