FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just Wondering  (Read 1934 times)

zwiggles

Re: Just Wondering
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2020, 07:06 PM »
Very informative answer.  Thanks for sharing!

X2!

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2020, 07:50 PM »
Jim a friend of mine who fishes the hoosic frequently said the perch can be found on the NY side in the deeper pools. 

bogtrotter

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:31 PM »
Jim a friend of mine who fishes the hoosic frequently said the perch can be found on the NY side in the deeper pools.

Thanks for passing that along. 

The news doesn't entirely surprise me, because I've also heard the smallmouth fishing is quite good further downstream on the Main Branch of the Hoosic in NY, near where it enters the Hudson.

But it doesn't really contradict the central "thrust" of my email to Ms. Fontaine, since when I was asking her about the "Hoosic," I was really referring to the MA stretches of the South (located entirely in MA) and Main Branches (which straddles MA, VT and NY).

(I was implicitly excluding the North Branch, which starts in VT and flows into MA, because I recognized it is too steep, fast and cold to support any game species other than trout).

scooper47

« Reply #18 on: Oct 16, 2020, 07:52 AM »
The state shocked the brook behind my house last summer. I hadn't seen or trapped a fish in it in years. The number and variety of fish they counted were amazing. I don't have any trouble believing that you have never caught a bass yet they shocked them up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.