MFF US Northeast > Massachusetts

Decent day on the salt 08/17

(1/13) > >>

SHaRPS:
I had a few hours to fish yesterday morning with my old man so we got up at 3am and we were leaving the dock by 4:45am. It was slack tide so we decided that we should target sea bass first which worked out perfectly for us and we achieved our 2 man limit within an hour. They are not jumbos at all but they will eat great tonight one way or another. After that we targeted fluke and we were able to get 1 limit filled but ran out of time for a second limit. We also managed one scup and blue fish as by catch. No doormats as our largest fluke was 23" but came in perfect timing. We were heading back in when we noticed a pod of boats drifting in a well known area so we jumped into the party and within 35 seconds of dropping my bait, the 23" was hooked and coming over board. The boats around us did not seem amused (hahaha) but we drifted for 5 more minutes picking up one more short and then all the boats took off as did we. I have a feeling that area was dead before we even got there and we may have picked up the only keeper as we did not see anyone else setting the hook at all. Thats how it goes sometimes and was a good laugh for the old man. Either way it was better than being at work!

stripernut:
Nice job!

bogtrotter:
Looks yummy!

westernmas:
Some good eating right there.

SHaRPS:
Took my buddy Mike out this weekend with the intention of getting him on some fish as well as getting him some fillets for the freezer. Both succesful. What a foggy day it was as the fog never lifted all day long with an average of 30 yards visibility.  Made for some cool temperature fluctuations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version