MFF US Northeast > Massachusetts

Back to Billsville and Beyond

(1/2) > >>

bogtrotter:
My younger son wanted another crack at the bass in the (former) Spruces (Mobile Home Park) Pond, so I took him back to Williamstown this afternoon to fish it, while I tried my luck on the Main Branch of the Hoosic behind the Park.

It was partly to mostly cloudy, muggy and 84 degrees.

Although there were a number of promising looking runs on the stretch of the Hoosic that I fished, I did not have a single strike the half hour or so that I fished it, so I rejoined my son on the Pond.

We both caught some sunfish, and my son managed to "prick" one of the two small bass that we saw there, but he couldn't quite set the hook and it got away.

We also saw two does that clumped through the underbrush not far from us, and watched them take off once they entered a nearby clearing and spotted us.

When we cam home, I foraged for some greens and made a deluxe (12 ingredient) salad.

Then, despite a light rain which had started in the meantime, I managed to find enough dry wood to cook some tuna steaks over an open fire.

Together with the steaks and salad, I assembled a dinner that included some ingredients (quail eggs and bamboo shoots in a chili sauce) that my older daugh\ter purchased for me at an Oriental Grocery for Father's Day, and washed them down with some home-made dandelion wine.

After dinner, I fished the South Branch of the Hoosic in Adams, from Mullen Mayflower to the footbridge below the Burnett Bednarz bridge,.

By this point, it was overcast, with intermittent sprinkles, and the temperature had gone down to 73 degrees.

Over the course of a half hour, I caught four rainbows in the 10" to 12" range..

SHaRPS:
Nice work Jim!

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: SHaRPS on Jul 08, 2019, 08:57 AM ---Nice work Jim!

--- End quote ---
X2

bogtrotter:
I went back to Spruces Pond this afternoon with my younger son, who was determined to catch a bass.

After about 20 minutes, he managed to catch a small largemouth bass on a rubber worm, while I had to content myself with a few sunfish on garden worms.

It was sunny, sticky and hot (mid 80's), so after a half hour, we called it a day.

lowaccord66:
Nice to read he caught a bass.  Averi and I tried Hayes in Otis.  Had her flyrod (7'6 5w) and 9' 5w's with us.  If you know the pond it has 1 spot to cast from shore.  A car pulled up, jersey plates and 4 elderly people proceed to hurry out and setup lawnchairs right in the one spot there is to fish. I didn't have a chance to get the rods out of the rack...and was forced to tell Averi we'd have to find another spot. People kill me sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version