FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fall Stripers  (Read 1315 times)

fish wayniac

Fall Stripers
« on: Oct 06, 2019, 06:48 PM »
I made it out for the sunrise at peak high tide. Calm seas and light winds at 6 am . My second cast with a sabiki and Swedish pimple ice jig (out of diamond jigs) I caught a big harbor pollack. Caught another then had 2 bait swimming off the ledge. 15 minutes later I landed a 25” Striper. Then I caught another that put up a good fight for a 29” that I let go. I caught the first 2 within 45 minutes so I was holding out for a hog. I had another bite that took my balloon down deep . I set the hook and never connected on the third fish.I left at 9:30 with 2 bait still swimming as the tide was dropping .  I never got the over 40” but I had lots of fun trying.

Stickbait

Re: Fall Stripers
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2019, 08:11 PM »
Very nice! Still quite a few down my way. Been tossing plugs and poppers and nailing mid to upper 20”rs from shore . I know there are bigger ones lurking,just gotta keep after them.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2019, 08:15 PM »
You've had a great striper season, Wayne.  Consistent success.   8)

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2019, 08:45 PM »
July and August the bite was hot. Some outings 5-7 fish were landed. September and now October I have been waiting on fish. I caught a dozen keeper size this season but only kept 2 . This one I got some nice fillets from it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2019, 09:06 PM »

Nice fish guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.