FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake ontario Browns 2012  (Read 58886 times)

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
Re: Lake ontario Browns 2012
« Reply #30 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:26 PM »
2-2.2 for me i usually run spoons, black n glow stingers i call one michel jackson was a hot one last spring for me, umm the green and blue dolphin, monkey puke, umm just try to look like the bait there usually feeding on buckeyes and mooneyes, so black n silver coloration cant go wrong haha, when the sun comes out bright colors, over cast day dark n glows .
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

Snitchols

« Reply #31 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Anybody been catching any lakers?  Seems that browns are what are hitting now with a few steelies mixed in.

top water

« Reply #32 on: Mar 16, 2012, 04:10 PM »
Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it. We will be going next weekend the 24th I'll post our results.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #33 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:49 PM »
June kings  ??? its feaken march and your boats still in storage. i will be on the water tomorrow :-* :-*
you should help me and frank get my boat ready

adam2000

« Reply #34 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:51 PM »
Was out today, 1-5.  hooked and landed 6. nothing big. Heres 1.

Whoa driving? We know it isn't john? Nondriving southerner. Lol.  Has he sold his ice stuff to buy a bass boat yet?

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #35 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:59 PM »
well i would but i will be in the front seat of a lund at 6:30am tomorrow morning 8) No i am not going after browns yet. i am going to get a limit of crappies then i am getting my boat ready ;D

nightfisher

« Reply #36 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Whoa driving? We know it isn't john? Nondriving southerner. Lol.  Has he sold his ice stuff to buy a bass boat yet?
Me myself and I, suprised I can still multi-task ,  used the auto pilot in the trolling motor to set up
and took it from there. Once the boat settles in it pretty much goes where you point it. Some friends came up for the weekend,
gonna get them out on the lake tomorrow.

adam2000

« Reply #37 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:22 PM »
well i would but i will be in the front seat of a lund at 6:30am tomorrow morning 8) No i am not going after browns yet. i am going to get a limit of crappies then i am getting my boat ready ;D
you left that bait bucket in my truck last weekend

nitro01127

« Reply #38 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Would like to get out this weekend or next for some browns. Have never fished for browns on Ontario out of our own boat just the ones we get now and then when out on charter for salmon. Looking for what speeds we should troll at for them. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
at what depth is normal ?

broadhorizons

« Reply #39 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:34 PM »

You're the one with the O/B, when are we going fishing?  Port Bay is blown in and won't be open until the first week in April.  Plus I gotta get some mechanical work done before April 7th.
Captain Andy
Broad Horizons Guide and Charter Service

adam2000

« Reply #40 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:40 PM »
You're the one with the O/B, when are we going fishing?  Port Bay is blown in and won't be open until the first week in April.  Plus I gotta get some mechanical work done before April 7th.
picking her up at 930 tomorrow morning. Maybe I can get it all ready tomorrow. Next weekend im in buffalo all weekend. Weekend after its blood bath t

broadhorizons

« Reply #41 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 PM »
at what depth is normal ?

Right now, in my opinion, over 15 FOW is too deep.  Don't get me wrong, over 15 FOW there is fish but there will be more in less than.  Get as shallow as you feel comfortable without hitting boulders.  If you don't know the shoreline, stay about 10 FOW or so.

Either way, get out there, you'll get fish!
Captain Andy

broadhorizons

« Reply #42 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:53 PM »
picking her up at 930 tomorrow morning. Maybe I can get it all ready tomorrow. Next weekend im in buffalo all weekend. Weekend after its blood bath t

What time and where?

I'm working in Johnstown PA this week til who knows.  Pullin' her up to PB tomorrow.  Fixing rods during the week in the hotel.  Splash down n shakedown 4/7 & 8.  Jim and Beerman are already onboard for the shakedown weekend.  Can't wait...
Captain Andy

adam2000

« Reply #43 on: Mar 16, 2012, 11:32 PM »
What time and where?

I'm working in Johnstown PA this week til who knows.  Pullin' her up to PB tomorrow.  Fixing rods during the week in the hotel.  Splash down n shakedown 4/7 & 8.  Jim and Beerman are already onboard for the shakedown weekend.  Can't wait...
Time: 630 where: the plume of death

Work?  You get a new job? What boat you putting in? The 23 rage or the 29 .

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2012, 11:44 PM »

I smell a bloodbath coming!!!!! :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.