FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best rapala?  (Read 9876 times)

reubenpa

Re: Best rapala?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2004, 09:06 PM »
I only have a couple, and I can't remember catching anything one them.....  (have you ever heard of people that say that there aren't many fish in such and such a lake or stream, or that a certain lure doesn't work?)  Well, it is like this case, I have hardly ever used them!!! I am getting a couple more soon though!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2004, 10:51 PM »
if you can't catch any fish on a rapala, then there's no fish to be caught!!!!  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrump

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2004, 11:05 PM »
off the topic of rapala's, sorry.... i was wondering though if anyone has ever seen this lure and if there is a source of getting any now, years ago there was a thunderstick (not by the company that has them now, but the old producers) and the thunderstick was either called "wonderbread" or nicknamed that because thats what it looks like. if you can, just picture a wonderbread loaf wrapper and you got the lure, all the colored dots! i have one of these, that i had to put into retirement (it's great when you can retire a lure) because this lure has done its duty and served me proud. now it is the condition of "seen better days"...! i would love to replace it if possible, but havent had much luck. it served its tour of duty on chatauqua lake, tempting the taste buds of many, many walleyes, and also many muskies!

Browntrout08

« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2004, 11:29 PM »
I like the DT(dives to) series crankbaits in chartruese.  Last year I tried the skitter walk topwaterbait in black and silver and caught fish. 

Invicta

« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2004, 12:53 PM »
I only have a couple, and I can't remember catching anything one them.....  (have you ever heard of people that say that there aren't many fish in such and such a lake or stream, or that a certain lure doesn't work?)  Well, it is like this case, I have hardly ever used them!!! I am getting a couple more soon though!!

How long have you been fishing?  If you have never caught anything on a rapala you havent been fishing long enough.  Try a husky jerk, you can fish them real slow, maybe the fish in your area are afraid of a fast moving lure.

reubenpa

« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2004, 04:30 PM »
I have been fishing a lot for about 4 years, but I have only used rapalas a few times.  I will this summer, because I just learned last year how to use them, but never really tried that brand last year.  I like Yo Zuri and have gotten a bunch on them.  I will get a husky jerk, tha tis one I don't have, and I want others cause I know that they work
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

thedude

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2004, 12:46 PM »
Suspending Husky Jerk and the DT[10/16] Cranks. Everything else is easily replaceable by a reasonably priced facsimilie.

Use the jerk as a follow up bait for missed pike, its like magic. I'll get a follow on a spinnerbait or miss on a buzzer and just drop the pole and toss the jerk. RARELY FAILS i would say 95% success rate. Just toss it, twitch it, and leave her be!

These are the only 2 lures from rapala that i ever liked. The rattling shad-raps are ok too i guess. Everything else is a "typical" lure only it costs 2 dollars more.

bud

• never put off what you can catch today to tomorrow
« Reply #22 on: Mar 31, 2004, 07:21 PM »
a lot of the waters i fish have smelt as the base forage.  i see al with a "glass shad" on the edge a couple of weeks back.  went down to my local store.....what a killer bait this should be.   shaped like a husky jerk......rattles and suspends......and its clear with a holographic center!   it sure looks good on paper!  should be a killer lure on both smallies and salmon.
the fishin pug is my favorite fishing partner!
favorite place the conneticut river from walpole to the thetford area.

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
« Reply #23 on: Mar 31, 2004, 07:51 PM »
I like Rapala products alot.  My favorites are husky jerks and taildancers in varying sizes and colors.  I just try and match the lure to the situations.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.