FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The co$t of a New Jersey Fishing License?  (Read 13591 times)

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
Re: The co$t of a New Jersey Fishing License?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2004, 04:33 PM »
I think that the fish limits are ok because if you think about it logically, the places where you catch so many fish that you are getting your limits most likely have a lot of fish.  Don't forget that by not taking out enough fish they will outgrow their body of water and it will only stunt their growth resulting in no trophy fish.

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2004, 09:05 PM »
aj if theres enough fish to outgrow the ocean..... ill eat my hat

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:03 PM »
No, I was talkin about freshwater lakes and ponds and stuff, not saltwater or huge lakes like the great lakes.  And how many times you gonna bet on eating your hat, cause one of these days you might lose!!!lol

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2004, 08:38 AM »
Bare with me on this but a fishing license is a license to fish.  It shouldn't matter what type or location your fishing you should have to have one.  Just because you only fish the ocean, be it on a boat or surf, your still fishing and should have to help pay for that privilege.  Even if the money goes to the general fund it still helps overall.  If people are only going to fish a couple days a year, they can purchase a one day license each time or whatever will cover them for a certain period.  Just my .02 cents on this.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2004, 11:00 AM »
I’d have to agree with you 100%  USMCI30FE  ,  but you know all those who fish only salt water will cry like some sissy school girl .Excuse, me not all , just the ones who can’t see the importance of fisheries management , the other guys must of have consumed to many  fish containing high levels of mercury . They feel it should all be free for them and who cares if we fresh water guys pull there weight. 

Mike Kopp

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:04 PM »
I personally think the saltwater liscence will never be made into law. For the people who have the equiptment and the money to make the canyon runs for tunas, they due have to pay for a federal tuna permit to be able to do so, so they are contributing to the fishery management.

One of the reasons I think it'll never be made law is once you hit 3 miles offshore you're in federal waters, waters not managed by the state but by the federal government. How many of the people here who fish in saltwater, even if just for fluke or stripers, have never fished more than 3 miles offshore for those species?

Plus to enforce the law they'd have to hire hundreds, if not thousands, of new officers which would then have to go and check every person on every boat out in the bays, oceans, and tidal waters of the state. Most of the money the liscence would bring in would then be going to pay for these new officers. Even if they wait till the boats come back to the docks, how many times have me or friends just gone out for rides and wind up finding bunker or birds and end up catching fish, I can't even count that high. Now if someone just went out on one of those rides and we end up fishing, is it fair to fine that person because he/she doesn't have a liscence?
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #36 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:14 PM »
Wha about paying to register a boat say 14ft and under, I mean I can understand the fishing license but why make you have to pay to use ur boat, and I know you don't have to pay if it's either 10 or under or if you don't use a motor or something, but what about that???

Mkid

• FISH ON........
« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2004, 09:15 PM »
Wha about paying to register a boat say 14ft and under, I mean I can understand the fishing license but why make you have to pay to use ur boat, and I know you don't have to pay if it's either 10 or under or if you don't use a motor or something, but what about that???
Revenue its all about the dollar, example, you want a boaters liscense, you would think some sort of test would be required, or at least brief you on your seamenship skills. nah, what for ....just payup as long as you have the cash you have the liscence. Same with a rifle card to hunt with a muzzloader. You take a test  which alows you to get a muzzleloader permit but you need to pay every two years i believe for a new card ...... money money money....... 

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #38 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:31 PM »
Revenue its all about the dollar, example, you want a boaters liscense, you would think some sort of test would be required, or at least brief you on your seamenship skills. nah, what for ....just payup as long as you have the cash you have the liscence. Same with a rifle card to hunt with a muzzloader. You take a test  which alows you to get a muzzleloader permit but you need to pay every two years i believe for a new card ...... money money money....... 
When I got my boating safety liscence I had to go through a 12 week course and it covered everything and wasn't real cheap from what I remember. Now you can take the course in a matter of like 2 days for like $20 and get the same safety certificate. I think they drastically changed it once the law went into effect that all jet-skiers must have the certificate. They argue that they have to have it but why should they have to take a full course on everything just for their jetskis? I know most of them on my creek in the summer cut boats off and then get mad if a boat does it back, and to top it off they aren't even supposed to be in the creek because its under a certain width anyways.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2004, 06:52 AM »
I understand you need a license and to pay for a big boat, but I am talking about a small one of 14ft or under with a small horse power motor but most likely just an electric motor if not just oars. You don't need to go for anything for that, but you do need to register it, whats the point in that if there is one besides money?

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2004, 01:12 PM »
I might be wrong,  but i believe that you required to register only if you use  a motor on it. I know that i don't need to register my canoe when i use a paddle,  but this year i want to hook up an electric motor to it and will need to pay to register.   Total rip off.  I read that MA or NH  was thinking last year of requiring anyone with a canoe to register for like $10 a year even without a motor. Even the out-of-state visitors.  It's all about MONEY!                                                      J.
GONE FISH'G.......

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #41 on: Mar 25, 2004, 08:30 AM »
I understand you need a license and to pay for a big boat, but I am talking about a small one of 14ft or under with a small horse power motor but most likely just an electric motor if not just oars. You don't need to go for anything for that, but you do need to register it, whats the point in that if there is one besides money?
AJ ,
You need a boat license if you have any kind of power motor on the boat you are driving .
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #42 on: Mar 25, 2004, 11:37 AM »
I don't have a regulations book but several years back I was checking the regulations for my canoe. If I recall correctly it stated the boat had to be registered if it used any type of motor "or" if it was 16 feet or longer.  ???
Those who are brave are free ..       

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.