FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good Day To You Sask. Peeps  (Read 2997 times)

bluu_79

Good Day To You Sask. Peeps
« on: May 19, 2004, 01:41 PM »
well, im making the big trek from Edmonton for the May Long Weekend to do some trout Fishing at Deifenbaker lake.  I hear that the walleye fishing there is absolutely awesome, however, im not sure where to go to catch these big fish i hear about, im looking for anywhere around hitchcocks hideway.  Can Anyone help me out????? it would be much appreciated  :)
Derek

Mike M

Re: Good Day To You Sask. Peeps
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 05:24 PM »
I've never spent much time around Hitchcock in the spring time. We usually launch from Elbow and either run down to the QuAppelle Dam and fish the sand flats on the north side. The other option is to run to Coteau Bay which is by the Gardner Dam. Both these locations are noted for their big spring walleye. There is a launch at Coteau Bay. so if you are trailering your boat it might not be that far from where you are. If you went by water I would guess Coteau Bay to be about 20 to 25 miles from Hitchcock. Later in the year we launch at Rusty's Marina ans fish that area including Hitchcock Bay. Hopefully somebody can help you out a little better about that particular area.
Mike M

TJ

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 11:49 AM »
Where abouts is hitchc**ks hideway, close to ...?

Mike M

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 11:55 AM »
Hi TJ

It's kinda about 2/3rds of the way running from Riverhurst to Elbow on the west side of the lake.
Mike M

TJ

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 01:05 PM »
Hi TJ

It's kinda about 2/3rds of the way running from Riverhurst to Elbow on the west side of the lake.

Thx. thats a long run!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.