FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008 (Updated 09/12/08 pg4 Quinte Bass)  (Read 8089 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I got out in the open water for the first time this year...looking for some slab crappies

My first cast landed in a tree so we were off to a good start

Cast #2 was a bit better as I hooked into a 4lb Pike.

He was a great fight on my BPS Crappie rod and 4lb crappie hi-vis line. I snapped a pic during the fight as I was sure I was not goign to land him

But I did, a quick plier release...gotta love those lil'squirt crappie tubes, they catch everything

The water was a bit cold still, no crappies to be seen, and that was the only bite I had in a little over two hours of fishing...but it felt great to get out with still snow on the banks

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Way to go bassjunky.
That's a nice pike and a good to start your 2008 open water season.  8)

It would have been a good fight on a lite action rod and line.

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BASSJUNKY...FEEDING MY ADDICTION 2008
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Well after my initial outing the fishi seemed to dissapear, until today that is...I had a great outing, had a hard time trying to keep my jog away from the largemouths, but still managed a small collection of crappies

The bass had moved into my crappie hole, and if it was open season or a tournament I would have had a great day. I sanpped a few pics of some of the largies, a couple over 3lbs and a few in the high two's, I tried to keep them all in the water but a couple I need the pliers on so I took the chance to snap a pic or two

here are the two bigger fish

I also got some great action shots

When I finally got into some crappies they were a decent size, one 12incher a pair of 10's and an 8incher

I also managed a nice 9inch gill

finally a pic of me with the crappies

Airs24

Nice Ice Junkey!!!  I'm itching to get out soon....

fish_finder

Nice to see someone is getting out...still ice on the lakes here but its VERY unsafe
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
thanx guys, with all this great weather I decided to make another run at the crappies again this morning. They are still not in huge schools, but with persistance you can get a nice little snack

I managed 8 crappies today, a broke out the portable live well, these actually work pretty good, for shore line fishing

the group of 8

the big boy was just a hair over 11 inches

I managed a few gills, pumpkins, sunfish as well...pretty nice colours

I also noticed this largie hidding under a floating bunch of slop,  he didnt think I noticed him

then here I am just prior to turning these into my snack

troutchaser

awesome pictures    really clear

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
a short outing today, I forgot the sunscreen..but i still managed a handfull of crappies, a gill and a wack of bass

gjv76

Nice fish!  What style of jigs are you using for the crappie?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
for the most part I use crappie tubes, the BPS brand lil squirts. I also use yum wooly crappie tubes.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Another day on the water, and another dozen or so crappies.

And more gills and such

UPSTATE

Nice slabs man looks like your gettin on em pretty good from shore WTG....

:tipup: UPSTATE :tipup:
just tryin to get her done

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I got a few more in hours in today, the crappies have seemed to move out as the bite was off. I was chasing off Bass all morning, I did hook into this big boy, gave me a nice fight on my UL gear...

chowder_head

nice work bro! looks like you're nailing them on a pretty wide variety of lures

SYMPTOMS: continual complaints as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expressions,sometimes deaf to wife and kids,frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting goods stores longer than usual.Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone..NO KNOWN CURE!!

Goonloon

PLEASE STOP!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.....AAAAARGH.....lol, nice one Bassjunky, loving the reports but they are killing me too cuz its all unsafe ice up here still, coming up to 2 weeks since i wetted a line with no end in the drought for at least another week, friggin 15cms of snow tonite and minus temps till Tuesday :'(. Those are awesome pictures by the way....i love the one of the sneaky hiding Bass....class!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.