FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky..Feeding My addiction 2009 (Updated 08/30/09..smallies and largies)  (Read 7594 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Been heading out a few times a week to a local hot spot waiting for the crappies to arrive..still no crappies but I did manage a few fish

2009 Open water season first fish

This little guy was also in the are

no crappies but the carp where stirring things up...hooked one and fought him for a good 10 minutes..he felt a little strange and this is why

This is the second season in a row that I have tail hooked a carp, very strange, nice fight

maggot

• lil maggot on the shanty, OneShotWonder on MHF
Re: BassJunky..Feeding My adiction 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Whats funny is my dad tail hooked a Carp before.
Don't forget to search for slabs!

BBK

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 04:13 PM »
I tail hook them all the time. I did it prolly 20 times last year. Surprising how tough their tails are.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Im kinda disapointed in the amount of time i have been able to spend on this site this year so far. But i have been hitting the water just not always with a camera. here was a surprise lunker while crappie fishing this past thursday

fishinfiend

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Nice bass

Keith becker

• borntofish
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2009, 06:19 AM »
that must be your hot lure or bait i should say

beerbellybob106

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2009, 05:05 PM »
would that be a field and stream salted tube  cause ive been using the same ones on a lake by where i live and am averaging about 20 crappie everytime i go out

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2009, 07:36 PM »
same lure different day, i have been hooking into a nice carp each outing i just dont always have a man with a net to give me a hand..thanx to my fellow angler

managed this little guy as well

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Well opening day did not go exactly as planned, It was the father in laws 60th b-day so I took him out for some shoreline fishing. It was pretty tuff fishing and I managed a few small guys and he managed a few pannies.

This is the first bass of the 2009 Bass season

and the father in law with his first fish of the season

carpcatcher

« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Glad to see your still harassing the fish up there Junky. One of these day's we'll be back up your way to walk on the hard stuff again and maybe the snow won't be quite as deep :o

Jim
Love 2 fish

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2009, 07:48 PM »
A group of four of us rented a cottage on Weslemkoon lake, the plan was to get in a few solid days of bass fishing. The weather was ruff, hard rain in day 1, high winds in day 2, and it clear up for the few hours we were able to fish on Sunday

We stay at Tanglewood marina on the northern tip

Day 1 even in the rain was a good day. After landing 20+ small bass near the marina we moved out in search of smallies. Chowder_head started us off right with a nive Smallie just a hair under 3lbs.

As we moved down the lake we met up with another friend who offered to show us the lake....he then proceeded to land a 3.5lb large mouth followed shortly by a 5.2lb large mouth, the rest of us kept sifting thru 1lb and under fish for the remainder of the day

we ended the day and the rain with some top water, when the rain cleared a full rainbow appeared and I had to grab a pic

Day 2 came with high winds and we needed to find a place to hide. The fishing was super tough, but i managed a 5lb large mouth in the early asfternoon.

the winds were so high we got soaked on the ride home, but Chowder managed to sleep through it

Day 3 was the best weather day of them all, the lake was like glass and not a cloud in the sky.

Ken was so excited he did not even wait for breakfast he just limped down to the shore and started throwing poppers

Aaron started things off with a nice smallie, Brad and I also managed one while drifting over some rock piles

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I took my 4 year old niece in a kids fishing derby this past weekend. We managed first place in her age group with a nice little largemouth..this is officially her first trophy for the wall

here are some more of the fish caught during the derby

My 2 year old nephew also wanted to give it a shot, still not quite ready yet

Jiggahgirl63

« Reply #12 on: Jul 21, 2009, 10:43 AM »
 Nice  Bass  GENTLMEN !!!!!
A group of four of us rented a cottage on Weslemkoon lake, the plan was to get in a few solid days of bass fishing. The weather was ruff, hard rain in day 1, high winds in day 2, and it clear up for the few hours we were able to fish on Sunday

We stay at Tanglewood marina on the northern tip

Day 1 even in the rain was a good day. After landing 20+ small bass near the marina we moved out in search of smallies. Chowder_head started us off right with a nive Smallie just a hair under 3lbs.

As we moved down the lake we met up with another friend who offered to show us the lake....he then proceeded to land a 3.5lb large mouth followed shortly by a 5.2lb large mouth, the rest of us kept sifting thru 1lb and under fish for the remainder of the day

we ended the day and the rain with some top water, when the rain cleared a full rainbow appeared and I had to grab a pic

Day 2 came with high winds and we needed to find a place to hide. The fishing was super tough, but i managed a 5lb large mouth in the early asfternoon.

the winds were so high we got soaked on the ride home, but Chowder managed to sleep through it

Day 3 was the best weather day of them all, the lake was like glass and not a cloud in the sky.

Ken was so excited he did not even wait for breakfast he just limped down to the shore and started throwing poppers

Aaron started things off with a nice smallie, Brad and I also managed one while drifting over some rock piles

G Cote

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
This is a single pic I forgot to post from a short trip to Dog Lake just north of Kingston. Some big winds kept my canoe in the bay only, but still managed this noce largie on a scumfrog.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
A long weekend means a trip to the cottage. Got to spend some time with both my father in law as well as my wife while fishing, cant beat that.

The fishing has been slower the past few years, I can easily attribute that to the higher number of anglers on the lake. Daily I hear stories of stringers of large fish leaving this small lake, and Im afraid in a few years it will be dead. I know another cottager freely admits pulling a 6lber of the lake this season and adding him to the dinner table...

With the large fish being weeded out the panfish are starting to thrive, perch where slamming my cranks all weekend as well as some large rockbass

when we fianlly got into so bass we where not dissapointed, the numbers where not there but we still had some fun

my father-in laws first attempt at in canoe photo fishing

as I mentioned it was a nice long weekend, headed back that way in a few weeks hope to see a few more numbers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.