FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky - Feeding my Addiction 2011  (Read 8678 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: BassJunky - Feeding my Addiction 2011
« Reply #15 on: Jun 13, 2011, 09:06 PM »
What did you get the first fish pictured on?

my deadly combo, the pink & White crappie tube on a slip bobber

Whens your first tournament??

Opening weekend in Ontario is the 25th of June, my first tourny is that Sunday the 26th.. good luck next weekend

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Opening day my tournament partner and I hit Weslemkoon lake to shake off the rust.. he did just that finishing the day with these two beauties..

we caught fish all day long, most of then under 2lbs, but we ran into a couple smallies around the 3lb mark and then this guy ended the day, caught on a new live target frog

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Day 2 of the new season and it was our first tournament of the year, a lake we had never sat foot on.. we knew it would be tuff going and with a 9.65lb bag to end the day it was.. but alot of other had a hard day as well, we placed 10th out of 30 anglers the top bag was 17lbs and at least 7 boats did not register a fish.. so no complaints.. we did lose two fish, one would have been pushing 4lbs.

TheDL

« Reply #18 on: Jun 27, 2011, 02:05 PM »
BassJunky - good report and beauty bass your buddy's holding there, did you wiegh those?  :clapping:  Too bad you didn't win, but sounds like you did better than most, congrats and good luck on the next one.
tight lines....

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Nice report and pics.  Not bad for the first tournament of the year especially in tough conditions.  Sounds like those two lost fish may have put you in some money.  Maybe next time.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Jun 29, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Great pictures and fish BassJunky...   The team shirts look great...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #21 on: Jul 02, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Well, I got out on Dog today for about 5 hours.. heavy traffic and a breeze made me decided to spend my time focused on the bays and doing some frog fishing. I recently picked up a new frog rod a Dobynes 735c, this was my chance to break it in along with the new live target frogs.

Right off the bat the live target hollow body went to work and I have 4 blow-ups in the first 30 minuntes.. all of wich I missed.. no bites on the follow-up bait so I chalked it up to rust and moved on.

In the second area I could see line marks all through the slop, so I was pretty sure the area had seen action already this morning, but hey, it was still worth a shot.. I ended up pulling 5 fish out of area number 2, and missed a couple more

after hitting some unproductive weedbeds I decided it was time to go back to the spot I started the day on. this time I was able to hook into another 4 fish. Last but not least I hit a pad section while waiting to leave the lake. two fish landed and a couple more misses.

the score at the end of the day was  11 landed and 8 missed.. not bad nearly 20 blow-ups on this sweet little frog.. the rod was awesome, I was able to pull some nice fish out from heavy cover. Here are some pics of a few of the larger fish I landed in the slop

Weapons: Dobyns 735c
                 Diawa Viento
                 Live Target Frog (small)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #22 on: Jul 04, 2011, 09:07 PM »
The wife had yoga after work today and it gave me a good hour or so to hit the shoreline.. this guy co-operated right off the back, two flips and bang..made my day

Weapons: Dobyns DX795 Flip
                 Shimano Curado
                 Berkley 6inch Ribbon tail worm

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #23 on: Jul 12, 2011, 07:50 AM »
I took my niece and nephew to the annual kids fishing derby at my parents park. It was a good turn out, I dont know many placed where a 6 year old kid has a legitimate chance to land a 5lb bass. No trophies this year, but they still had a blast

explaining the finer points..

the bait of choice for 6 year olds everywhere..

first fish of the day..

fish number 2

My nieces turn..

she was a littl upset that her brother caught bigger fish, but when she won the better prize ( a new rod) she was happy again)

Weapons: Spiderman Rods
                  Live worms

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #24 on: Jul 12, 2011, 01:19 PM »

just a nice shoreline chunk from last night.. about a dozen under a pound, this was the only decent fish.. all on Money craws

Weapons: Dobyns DX795 Flip
                 Shimano Curado
                  Yum Money Craw 

TheDL

« Reply #25 on: Jul 12, 2011, 07:21 PM »
nice bass, junky  :D always enjoy the pics
I'm just getting into the creature baits, how are you riggin up that money craw?
worm weight/texas rig?
tight lines....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jul 13, 2011, 06:35 AM »
Great pictures with the kids BassJunky...   Good chunk also...........
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #27 on: Jul 13, 2011, 07:38 PM »
just a couple more pics

Weapons: Dobyns 705c (glass)
                 Shimano Curado
                 Live Target walking frog

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #28 on: Jul 15, 2011, 02:15 PM »
I was able to get out on the water for nearly 5 hours this morning, befor the heat really kicked in. No topwater bite to speak of at all, got a few small jig bites (both fish under 1lb) and was only able to get two fish to commit to the frog.. but they were picture wortht

It wa hard work on the frog bit, check out the pattern i layed.. i took this pic after my first fish, so all those casts amouted to 1 bite, and there are even more trails that are not visible. Gotta thank an artilce in FLW outdoors, it rally pushed trying to lay a cast every two feet to find fish with a frog

Weapons: Dobyns 735c w/ Diawa Viento
                 Live Target Frog (small)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #29 on: Jul 18, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Had a tournament this past Sunday, so decided to hit a local lake on Saturday to help boost the confidence. My buddy brought his GoPro camera to take some cool shots.. video to follow

Weapons:  Dobyns 735c/Shimano Curado/Live Target Frog
                 Dobyns 705c/Shimano Curado/Yum Money Craw
                 Dobyns DX703SF/Shimano Stradic/BPS Tournement Worm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.