FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Feeding My addiction....BASSJUNKY (5 Day Trip 24 New Photos 9/3/5)  (Read 4446 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
These are from Opening day ( a few weeks back). We hit up Rice Lake on what seem to be the hotest day of the year.  The fish obliged us and we caught a total of about 18-20 fish. 4 for me, 5 for Brad and 10+ for Ken. 

I had all my luck on the Yammo Kreature, I rigged them up on gamblers Florida weights and pitched them like a worm rig. (The only issue I have with the Kreature is it's durability.) Ken had great success with a dark blue salted tube (brad and I got skunked on Tubes, white and Crayfish colors). 

We were on the water for about 6 hours and hit three different spots. Trying top water in the morning and moving to thick cover by the afternoon. Not a bad day at all.

[/img]  [/img]

[/img]  [/img]

[/img]   [/img]

[/img]   [/img]

Hood

Re: Feeding My addiction....BASSJUNKY
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2005, 06:23 PM »
Nice mess of buckets...all in one day too, WTG!! :flex:
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2005, 07:08 AM »
Thanx Hood, it was a long day, but well worth it as you can see. We were doing some scouting for a Tourny that Ken is in as we speak on the same lake. (weigh in pics to follow). He went back out last weekend both days and took in 15lbs each day (I would say our scouting paid off) 15lbs wont win this tourny but it should keep him in the running for sure.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 09, 2005, 08:55 AM »
Nice fish.  I use those gambler florida weights too, except i use the rattling ones.  The one thing about the florida rig is that it really tears up the plastic bad, which wears the bait out prematurely.  I usually take pliars and pull the spring off the back of the weight, and use peg its instead.  That way the bait doesnt get torn up and if i feel the need to c-rig for a few minutes, i can just slide the weight up the line.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Thats not a bad idea! It does really chew up the baits. That may have been my problem with the "Kreature" on the weekend. They were getting hit hard and the bodies were toasted.

I just Heard that Gambler has decided to stop shipping the Florida weights (and more)  to Canada. So Im heading out this weekend to buy up as many as I can find.

Hood

« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2005, 11:39 AM »
I just Heard that Gambler has decided to stop shipping the Florida weights (and more)  to Canada. So Im heading out this weekend to buy up as many as I can find.

When things run out, give ebay a shout.....could get em dirt cheap too  :)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Well, I had some time off this weel and I dewcided to take in some crappie fishing. I had made a recent trip to the Bass Pro shop and pick up some crappie size Cranks (Rebel's Grasspoper, and a couple Bumblebug's). They worked great. We woke the crappie up and also landed a handful of  small LMB and even more small gills (8 inches and under). The action on these bugs is great a lot of the fish we caught hit the bug right after it hit the water over all we took in about 6 Crappies, not bad considering we were told that they stopped hitting long ago and not to expect much.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

This Last fish I entered into the MFF tourny he was about 8.5 after all was said and done.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Here is a new addition to my addication. the full storey from my new tourny entry

Im currently enjoying a 4 day long weekend as so is my father in law. SO i decided to take him fishing. We spent the first few hours poking around some of my favourtie spots with little to no luck. I landed a few small bass and he managed one himself. I could see he was gettin bored so I asked if there was anywhere he would like to try....

So he says the dreaded words....."Lets try the Causway"...You have to understand that the Causway is a long bride (duh) that sperates two small towns in our area. It's know for great gill fishing and is constantly packed with people and litter. So I grit my teeth and agree to go.

We get there and sure enuff their are people everywhere. We stake out a semiprivate spot and set up camp. I go right for the small crankbaits (a small red rebel bumble bug chosen by my wife) . expecting to start pulling in the small gills and rock bass the area is know for. Within  a few minutes I get a nice hit and then weight. Im not sure if I even have a fish on until the line starts to pull out. I play with him for a few minutes then he breaks water, a little swell, and I fianlly see what I have on.

This is the moment I get a little excited. Im yelling to my father in law to get the camera ready, pull out my measuring tape and find my MFF tourny card. I dont think he knew what half of it meant but he found everything

We were working in shallow water that was very rocky (we lost two other fish due to line breaks on the rocks later on) so I decided the hell with it, Im not losing this guy so I go in up to my knees. as I start to work him close, it then clicks in that I have him hooked with this tiny little bumble bug, I mean I have bent the hooks on these things on small gills let a lone a bass...So now I m scared and excited and I work a bit slower. And with luck on my side I land him.

I also notice at the end that I had a small crowd watching, two boats stopped and all our fellow anglers in our cramped little spot were cheering me on....all in all it was a great day...now here are the pics, sorry for rambling

If anybody has an idea on the wieght let me know. I have yet to slurge for a scale. My guess was around 4. He was about 20-21 inches. And for those who are wondering our friend was set free to make another anglers day

[/img]

[/img]

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Definately more than 4, I would say at least 5 lbs.

Deposit

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2005, 04:37 AM »
Nice bass!

Hood

« Reply #10 on: Aug 01, 2005, 09:24 AM »
DUDE that thing is a SAAALOB, fought like a beast i bet  :)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2005, 09:44 AM »
Oh yeah, he was not coming in easy thats for sure. He never really jumped thank god but he did swell up and show his girth a bit.  I just used the fish Weight Calculator from IS and its estimate was about 5lbs 3oz.

Bartman44

« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Very chunky, I too think you underestimated. Nice release.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Feeding My addiction....BASSJUNKY (New Pics Stoney Lake)
« Reply #13 on: Aug 07, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Well today we decided to try a Lake that Ken hadnt fish in a year, and that I had never fished. Its called Stoney lake and it's know for its stone Island everywhere along with its multimillion dollar homes ( Bob Gainey and many other NHLer's call it home and Goldie Hawn also had a cottage on the lake)

Its a nice sized lake that has plenty of fish just not monsters like some other lakes we fish. Here are a few shots of the water

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Now onto the Fish. Here is the days first catch...while waiting at the boat launch...
[/img]

We pulled out a lot of small bass like this little guy, on everything from cranks to tubes to dropshots...the second fish was the days biggest Bass, he was all of 15 inched but had a belly that would make any sumo wrestler proud.

[/img]

[/img]

Next up was the days surpirses. I caught this nice 2lb Walleye on a Yammo kreature right off the shore (there is another pic posted on the tourny board). ken follwed him up with another eye on a dark blue tube...and who says you cant catch eyes on a tube?

[/img]
[/img]

Last but not least here is a  house on the water....As stated above 90% of the property are well over a million bucks. This first house is a great example.
[/img]

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Feeding My addiction....BASSJUNKY (5 Days 24 New Photos
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2005, 07:35 PM »
I have just returned home from my yearly fishing getaway. I hit the same few lakes every summer at this time. The compnay is always food and the fishing is better....This was a 5 day  trip last week and I collected 24 new photo to show off..we caught many more fish...but my arms were getting tireds holding them foe photo's

DAY #1:  Started off real slow, it was pretty hot and they action was not there. I caught these two little guys in mid afternoon and pulled in a few more that night including the smallie. The first photo is a LMB tagged by the ministry, funny thing is I caught him 2 days later in the exact same spot. Nice sunset that night

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

DAY #2: AAHHH! a day to remember, the top water action was unbeatable, and we cuaght some real nice fish. This area is known for small mouth fishing, in the 5 days we only caught maybe 4 smallies the rest were all LMB. Here is the best smallie an 18incher pulled in on a zara puppy spook. Actually all these fish were caught on the puppy

DAY #3: Was another great  day, th top water action slowed down so I headed for the tubes and the drop shot rigs. I bought a few packs of the Berkly bubble up tubes as well as power leeches. Man those tubes are incredible, amazing action and soft as hell. Problem is they dont last and with only 4 tubes per pack at 7$ a hit, they are expensive...but you get what you pay for

At Night the top water action picked back up. So I loaded back up the spook and pulled in a few more...this time for the frying pan.  And another great sunset

DAY#4:  This day I was all by myself, the wife was sick and her unlce (my weeks fishing partner) was no where to be found. I started off doing some dock fishing for fun, trying out new lure and techniques...well, I spent a lot of time trying to recover those new lures. As  you can see in the photo the shore line is heavily treed and with the wind blowing I lost a few to the birds...some I recovered.

Day 4 was another great top water day, I had 2 rods one with a poper to make some noise and the other had my now lucky spook.  The area I was fishing was heavily weeded, the last 2 nights we lost big fish to the cover. Each night we would get a fish on only to be dragged into the thick slop to lose the fish and usually the lure. But not on this night I was pretty much standing in my canoe to keep this guy out of the weeds.....I got em..but he got even but destroying my spook, ripped the front hook right out.....

the damage 

the rest of the night was so/so a few smaller fish

DAY #5:  Another day by myself, it was great, a little ran, lots of cloud cover, windy as hell and great fishing. I had rigged up a tube on one rod and my bleeding poper on the second road and alternated back and forth. I found they worked gret togther.  I caught another lil' smallmouth and just as the skies opened and I was heading in I landed this baby on one of my "last cast". He was hiding under a tree and decided to get my pulse going by wrapping himself around it. I had to let all tension go so he could unwind and run....a great way to end the week....hope you enjoyed the photo's

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.