FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 8255 times)

taxid

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Pretty sure the guys who were close to me had over their limit of gills.

There's a limit on the Slough?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishinator

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Only 25 panfish per day. 2 bass over 18"

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 10:59 AM »
And only 15 redear in that 25 total.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

fishinator

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2019, 01:09 PM »
And only 15 redear in that 25 total.
Teach
I have never seen that in the regulations?

fishinator

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2019, 01:13 PM »
I just double checked. No mention of how many redear are in your limit. It just says 25 sunfish bag limit.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 07:53 AM »
The fact that I'm old some time confuses me !!!!!!!! I thought there was a 15 fish limit on Redear statewide????? Dang!!! Here all these years I could have kept a few more!!! Duh!!!
I stand corrected. That's the 3rd time I've been wrong in the last 80 years! I think???  ;D ;D
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

fishinator

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2019, 09:49 AM »
The fact that I'm old some time confuses me !!!!!!!! I thought there was a 15 fish limit on Redear statewide????? Dang!!! Here all these years I could have kept a few more!!! Duh!!!
I stand corrected. That's the 3rd time I've been wrong in the last 80 years! I think???  ;D.  It happens.  State limit on ears is 25. You had me thinking I broke the law a few times  ;D

MC_angler

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2019, 10:07 AM »
I just double checked. No mention of how many redear are in your limit. It just says 25 sunfish bag limit.

Redear SUNFISH are included in the 25 daily SUNFISH limit at Willow Slough.  The regulations clearly state "25 sunfish singly or in aggregate"

Aggregate means you could have any combo of sunfish species in your 25. You could have 24 bluegills and 1 redear, or 25 bluegill, or 12 bluegill and 13 redear, whatever.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #38 on: Jun 05, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Drain the place!!! C'MON ALREADY.
 :o
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

taxid

« Reply #39 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:28 PM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

den58

« Reply #40 on: Jun 13, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Anyone know how the weeds are at the slough thinking about going but don't want to burn up my trolling motor

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #41 on: Jun 13, 2019, 08:22 PM »
Anyone know how the weeds are at the slough thinking about going but don't want to burn up my trolling motor

Bad!
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Spooled85

« Reply #42 on: Jun 13, 2019, 09:48 PM »
I will say I'm sure the weeds are bad ..... But I've been running 41 quite a bit the last two weeks and I've seen boat after boat running towards the slough .

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #43 on: Jun 13, 2019, 10:11 PM »
I will say I'm sure the weeds are bad ..... But I've been running 41 quite a bit the last two weeks and I've seen boat after boat running towards the slough .

The bite just peetered out in the last week. Fish are off the beds and spread out again. The coon tail is thick and worse than ever before.

Ive been fishing the slough the last 3 weeks myself, and i am now done till fall.

The last 3 trips out i had to turn both motors on the transom into mud motors to get around.

The weeds are honestly the worst its ever been, change is coming though. Get ready for it, start searching for new lakes to fish for a year or two.. those that would fish it regularly.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #44 on: Jun 14, 2019, 12:07 PM »
don't they spray weed killer in that lake every year?

break out the small boat and oars if your dealing with weed matts.  zip rite over the top with ease!

how many boat do you locals say are on it every day?

if there is 3 guys limiting,75 fish per boat, a day.  that is somewhat on par with lakes around me, with no limit.  boats with 2-3 guys generally bring in 60-100 a day.

No they dont spray the weeds every year, its a dnr mananged property.

Your not going to oar yourself across 1,300 acres of water. Vast majority of the weeds come up to the surface, its only 5 foot deep, basically.

Fishing pressure depends on weeds and wind, and no, they are not yanking limits all day every day. Guys that know how to fish the place, are going to have your best creels. Others will have 8-12 fish per guy on average.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.