FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy update  (Read 6857 times)

Big Buck

Re: Sally and Missy update
« Reply #15 on: Apr 14, 2019, 09:59 AM »
Bite was pretty good for me yesterday...nice mixed bag crappies, white bass, and smallies. They pretty much shutdown missy spillway.

bherr24

« Reply #16 on: Apr 14, 2019, 11:11 AM »
I ventured further upstream yesterday and could only manage 2 crappie but lots of white bass. Talked to a couple guys who had been there all day and they only had 8 crappie. 8 trucks in the parking lot tho and only came across 2 guys...maybe im in the wrong area lol. I went back to my spot closer to the bridge and caught a bunch of crappie but had to sort thru dinks. Ended up keeping 12 all 10 and 11 inchers...none any bigger.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Anybody really good at catching crappies on either reservoir?  I just need 6 live white crappie females for brood fish to produce hybrid crappies on my little fish farm. (Don't need to be large just obvious egg holders). I will capture the male black crappies in my area up here in northeastern Indiana myself. Just not familiar with fishing on those reservoirs and don't want to waste too much time. And whites are hit and miss up here.

Could meet you down there, get my 6 white crappie females and be on my way back home. No word of where they are caught is necessary. I can even bring my boat and trailer if need be. I also have a fish hauling tank in the back of my SUV.

And in case anyone wonders, it's perfectly legal as long as they are caught on hook and line, I have a fishing license and won't go into any public waters. And of course I can't buy them. I have it in writing from two biologists.

Let me know if you're interested. (260) 894-9055

Will be available and flexible anytime or day after next week.  You can P.M. me, email me at [email protected] or call me at (260) 894-9055.

Serious responses only.

I was going to come down and try for some whites last year but ran out of time.

Thanks

Cecil Baird
Baird Fish Taxidermy
4700 N U.S HWY 33
Ligonier, IN 46767
(260) 894-9055

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Spooled85

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Have to be careful what you ask for ... Any kind of barter like that can be considered a ( charter ) excepting a barter or gifts to take someone fishing is illegal from what I understand ?? I know some guys who did something similar to this and ended up in some trouble.another one was I group of buddies went fishing and gave the guy with the boat a few bucks for gas at the station and a CO . Tried to hang the boat owner for excepting money for a fishing trip and not being registered to be a charter ( captain ) ....

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:30 PM »
Thanks never thought of that.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tater140

« Reply #20 on: Apr 15, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Hey Taxi, give me a shout sometime. I would also like to get down there and do a little fishing and would be glad to have you along.   I'm a little bit familiar with both bodies of water.  My time is a little limited during the spring, but I'm sure I could find sometime to get out there soon. 

bigr

« Reply #21 on: Apr 16, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Quick trip yesterday evening to missy river showed me river was running four to five feet high and beginning to fall. Creeks in the area were beginning to clear but river was muddy. I made a few cast in the troyers bridge area catching a few white bass and a couple crappie. My guess is fishing should really get going again by end of week up the river when water drops closer to normal and clears a bit. This all depends on weather. You'll need to search in different spot as last week because of water level. I will search in the reenactment area. 

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:16 AM »

wow! what county was that in spooled?  that's pretty red there!

don't do it! like he said that could be a raid on your place taxid!

O.k. Fishhogger. I have removed it. I know better now.  ;)

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Apr 16, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Have to be careful what you ask for ... Any kind of barter like that can be considered a ( charter ) excepting a barter or gifts to take someone fishing is illegal from what I understand ?? I know some guys who did something similar to this and ended up in some trouble.another one was I group of buddies went fishing and gave the guy with the boat a few bucks for gas at the station and a CO . Tried to hang the boat owner for excepting money for a fishing trip and not being registered to be a charter ( captain ) ....

Sounds pretty hard up for an arrest to me. That said I have rescinded my offer to barter. So if there are any C.O.s out there gunning for me it's not happening.  :laugh:

bigr

« Reply #24 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:37 AM »
I try to make myself available to any that want some info on the resi's. No bartering needed. Long trip, short trip, full limit, couple fish, no fish, won't matter to me and what you choose to do with your catch is up to you.

Spooled85

« Reply #25 on: Apr 16, 2019, 12:28 PM »

wow! what county was that in spooled?  that's pretty red there!

That was in Michigan city and I know of the same thing happened in Ohio with a guy I know very well
don't do it! like he said that could be a raid on your place taxid!

bigr

« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2019, 01:12 PM »
If someone thinks you made alittle money from the use of public property(white crappie) you better have your permits licenses and taxes in order. I was told not to have fish frys using public fish even for donations only.

taxid

« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Hey Taxi, give me a shout sometime. I would also like to get down there and do a little fishing and would be glad to have you along.   I'm a little bit familiar with both bodies of water.  My time is a little limited during the spring, but I'm sure I could find sometime to get out there soon.

I have an offer to go down next week in someone else's boat. I don't feel right inviting someone along but would love to go down with you if it doesn't pan out.

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Apr 17, 2019, 12:55 PM »
I have an offer to go down next week in someone else's boat. I don't feel right inviting someone along but would love to go down with you if it doesn't pan out.

Fair enough but I do have it in writing I can plant white crappies or any other fish from public waters in one of my ponds as long as I catch them according to the laws of capture via hook and line and with a fishing license. Of course I can't sell them, but wasn't intending on doing so anyway. Just use them as broodfish and probably end up eating them.

This however is not true in all states. Like everything else the laws in our states are all over the place. Case in point: In most states I can sell fish hatched and raised on my private property whole frozen to fellow taxidermists with no problems. Or if purchase from a private fish farm. In Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana game fish can only be sold live for stocking purposes and even if they come from a licensed farm it's strictly forbidden.

Money hungry Illinois requires a $100.00 permit. Texas requires both the seller and the buyer to purchase a permit for "protected finfish" which is certain gamefish species.

Conversely some states in the northeast allow the sale of fish caught in public waters as long as there is no bag limit or they are not considered "gamefish." Last I knew you could sell bluegills in NY caught in the finger lakes. But at the same time (has been changed) you couldn't sell largemouth bass even if the came from a fish farm.

Daybreak

« Reply #29 on: Apr 22, 2019, 03:40 PM »
I see the reservoir has reached summer pool and climbing.  Heard the water yesterday at the SR 13 bridge still looked fairly good, color wise.  If I drive down from northern Indiana to fish on Wednesday, should I expect it to be decent color to fish in Goose or Listons creek or is it going to get muddied up by then?
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.