FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy update  (Read 6859 times)

Bobber Watcher

Re: Sally and Missy update
« Reply #30 on: Apr 22, 2019, 08:39 PM »
I’m going to try further upstream. It’s a gamble any way you look at it. I’ve started at Jalapa and worked my way to the dam. Right now that’s what it takes to find em

bigr

« Reply #31 on: Apr 23, 2019, 03:30 AM »
Liston and any other coves will be muddy but if you get further back into them and fish close to shore the water will be less dirty. Further up river would be your best chance to find alittle cleaner water and large number of fish. Water will likely still be rising for a couple more days. Fish will be moving closer to shore with warmer temps. They are wanting to spawn. Temp isn't right yet. 

tater140

« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2019, 02:45 PM »
I drove over the dam this morning.  It was definitely muddier then Sunday night when I drove over it.  This afternoon I came back over Red Bridge and it was really muddy.  It looks like she is about 3-4 foot high right now.  Lots of floating debris, logs, etc... in the water. 

Daybreak

« Reply #33 on: Apr 23, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I drove over the dam this morning.  It was definitely muddier then Sunday night when I drove over it.  This afternoon I came back over Red Bridge and it was really muddy.  It looks like she is about 3-4 foot high right now.  Lots of floating debris, logs, etc... in the water.
Hmmm, I'm guessing I will really have to be in the backs of creeks and using live bait or something with a little blade to get noticed.  I do not know the river section to try and navigate it with high water.  Still going to give it a try and see if we can't find a few for the effort.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

bigr

« Reply #34 on: Apr 26, 2019, 03:16 AM »
The recent rains have all the resi's above summer pool and very muddy. Last nights heavy rains will push the level even higher. The bite will be very tough for the next several weeks. Sorry but I have very little info I can give on how and where to find fish under these conditions. We will need an extended dry period for things to improve. If there is good news I think it would be that the crappie have not spawned yet and when time is right they will move shallow and no matter what the level is you can find fish. Good luck.

bherr24

« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2019, 06:37 AM »
Yeah this rain really messed things up. River was just getting down from the last rain and now its right back to nearly 10 foot and rising. Going to be weeks before the resi lowers and clears. Might be another year where i dont even fish the spawn there unless the rains quit. Would be probably the 3rd year out of the last 5 where the place was flooded for thr spawn. I love fishing there but it gets frustrating.

bigr

« Reply #36 on: Apr 26, 2019, 08:36 AM »
I always tell people to get em while you can because your always one rain away from possible not fishing the resi's for months. I have had people tell me it's getting over fished when they see the banks lined with people catching one after another but they just don't understand those times don't last long and there can be very long periods when nothing is caught.

FW88

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 07:06 PM »
This is my last weekend of freedom to fish Huntington or Sally. How bad is it ? We talking 10ft above ?

lovetfish

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2019, 08:30 AM »

bigr

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2019, 08:44 AM »
I would suggest another choice. Levels are rising so fast that fish will be very scattered. Levels will likely stay way up in the trees for most of the summer. When the creeks that dump into the resi's clear a person may find a very good bass and gil bite.

FW88

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Thanks for the link!

Have our second son due in a week or so. So I'll maybe hit up hurshtown instead.

Fishing will be done for me until fall or the wife will strangle me in my sleep.

bherr24

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2019, 12:18 PM »
I got over to missy on sunday afternoon...first time in forever with all the high waters. Lake was 3 feet high then and rising. Decided to fish off the rocks at the dam. Ended up with about a dozen crappie and 3 nice gills. Caught all casting and retrieving twisters. All but 2 crappie were blacks and the females i caught were still packed full of eggs. Unfortunately the rains the last 2 days have yet again put the screws to fishing over there anytime soon.

RoeBoat

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2019, 11:28 PM »
I hope they're down by ice up!

FW88

« Reply #43 on: Jun 11, 2019, 01:05 PM »
Went to Huntington spillway. Snagged a few 15 lbs carp. Had a bunch of small crappie. People were keeping even the 4 inche crappie and smaller bluegill.

I doubt that place ever recovers like what I remember as a kid. They just dont know how to fish responsibly and I think the DNR station there is closed on weekends.

Reservoir is coming down still high.

lovetfish

« Reply #44 on: Jun 12, 2019, 08:24 AM »
They have opened the gate on Sally maybe it will get to summer pool pretty soon another crappie tournament coming up hope they don't have to cancel

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.