FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GETTING MIXED SIGNALS  (Read 1746 times)

abishop

GETTING MIXED SIGNALS
« on: Sep 03, 2023, 02:09 PM »
I have talking to a bunch of guys and most have been saying that this is the worst in 17 years for perch. Also, hearing that because of the smack down that went on this winter, with most perch being full of eggs, that this could be why there isn't much happening this summer. Others say that we have had more north winds in the month of August that they haven't had the steady weather to bring them in close to our shores. Well, I don't know the science behind the no show, but I sure wish they would show back up. Not sure, But I am not one who will venture out on the big lake in the winter to get them. Have seen the lake turn from dead calm to 4 footers in a matter of minutes. What are some opinions you all have about this season's perch? When it gets so hot that your brain feels like a couple of eggs being fried is usually when the perch make their appearance. The way I remember, in the good old days. LOL

fishinator

Re: GETTING MIXED SIGNALS
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2023, 02:19 PM »
https://uglos.mtu.edu/station_page.php?station=45170   click on that link. It should take you to the temp buoy. When the water is 71° top to bottom, like it is now (and has been most of the summer) you won't catch perch out of michigan city.

abishop

Re: GETTING MIXED SIGNALS
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2023, 02:53 PM »
I check that daily. About 1 month or so it was the same and we got 2 limits Just never seen pods of fish. We would get a couple doubles here and there, just nothing steady. Go figure. They are around just not in numbers???? The thermocline has to start changing with all this south wind. Soon grasshopper soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.