FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513789 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #450 on: Aug 14, 2016, 07:54 AM »
In the BN -

Lightning apparently claimed the lives of two people found dead Wednesday afternoon under a tree in St. Joseph Cemetery in Batavia following a thunderstorm earlier that morning, Batavia police said.

Richard T. Garlock, 34, of Newstead, and Jenea M. Macleod, 32, of Corfu, suffered from injuries consistent with being struck by lightning, according to the Erie County medical examiner, though the cause of death is still pending further tests.

Lightning struck the area sometime between 2:30 and 2:45 a.m. Wednesday, when a storm passed through the area, the National Weather Service said.

Both Garlock and Macleod were arrested last August in Bergen on drug charges, including possession of heroin and crack cocaine, along with hypodermic needles and other drug paraphernalia

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #451 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Bob garden and flowers look great.....
I'm ready to make more pickles and zucchini relish this week...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #452 on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Today's harvest.
 And, yes...that fat green thing is a pickle gone wild.

I pulled a couple of the pickle vines and one zucchini plant today to give the peppers some more room and light. Pruned back the other zucchini and tomatoes as well. I'm finding that the square foot garden plan needs active pruning, planting, harvesting etc. I'm ready for some fall planting. Another radish crop and garlic for the spring. The asparagus is really taking hold nicely. Carrots are growing....we'll see about them when the time comes.

I've learned a lot this year. Lord knows what I'll do next year :-\

Fun stuff for sure.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #453 on: Aug 16, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Made some salsa today.
Gotta get some lime and cilantro for it tomorrow
Also needs some onion ground into it
It's got 3 jalapeņo peppers in it and a few pretty hot banana peppers
So the heat it pretty high
I might add a few more tomatoes and sweet bells to it and tone it down some.
Maybe not. 8)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #454 on: Aug 17, 2016, 06:02 AM »

Man, the tomatoes look delicious  ;D ;D ;D I'm trying to squeeze a few more batches of pickling cukes outta my vines, the advice you gave me about using Mrs. Wages as my base was spot on. I added a tablespoon per jar of Honey and sliced 3 hungarian waxed peppers per jar for my last batch and they are phenomenal. My tomaotes are taking their sweet time but the plants are healthy, no blight in sight. Brussles sprouts are showing up and Beans are winding down, might replant some beans and peas.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #455 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:11 AM »
I pulled he zucchini this morning. Pulled a couple of cute vines yesterday. A little more cleanup and I'll,be ready for the late season crops.

Got enough salsa and a couple dozen jars of pickles. I'll be making marinara next. The plumb tomatoes and peppers are coming along nicely.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #456 on: Aug 18, 2016, 06:21 AM »
Anyone ever bought any plants through kriegers wholesale nursery? Going to put in another 150 blueberrys and some raspberries next spring. Not many reviews on them

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #457 on: Aug 18, 2016, 07:04 PM »
You've got a lot of room to be adding that many plants. Good luck with your planting.

Rg

fishin4eyes

« Reply #458 on: Aug 18, 2016, 09:18 PM »
I'm working on starting an orchard. Got 41 apples 4 pears and 60 blueberrys in this year. Trying to find a good company to buy in bulk from.

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #459 on: Aug 19, 2016, 06:12 AM »
Reaping the benefits...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #460 on: Aug 20, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Looks awesome Bart...........
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #461 on: Aug 20, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Posting these pictures for  drowndin dots ..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #462 on: Aug 20, 2016, 04:36 PM »
We made 14 quarts of cinnamon spiced peaches last night..  OK really we made 16 but two of those and 1/2 gal french vanilla icecream disappeared...    ::)    ;D ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #463 on: Aug 20, 2016, 06:16 PM »
Man those look good Dom. My Mom and Grandma used to can peaches. Too good for words. I'm thinking I might do some myself. Maybe some pears too.

I like the pickle trellis DD. Great idea. I picked my remaining cukes and pickles and pulled the plants. Made garden vegetable sauce today with the tomatoes, peppers and zucchini. I turned over a couple of the beds and plan to start some more beans and radishes.

Got some much needed rain today with more on the way tomorrow.

I love seeing all the garden pics guys. I'm already thinking about next year.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #464 on: Aug 20, 2016, 08:08 PM »
Posting these pictures for  drowndin dots ..

Thanks Dom, I'll take some good ones tomorrow to show the progress .... Or lack of in the case of my Maters..... And to better capture the layout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.