FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513296 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #795 on: Oct 04, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Boy...I've got a good one...but I better not :-\

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #796 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:48 AM »
Pulled all my cucumber plants last night..Picked 3 bags of tomatoes which my wife brought down to a friend. Still lots of cherry peppers..   Cabbage and Brussels sprouts look great...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #797 on: Oct 05, 2016, 06:12 AM »
Boy...I've got a good one...but I better not :-\

Rg

Over in the jokes thread.....................but, keep it clean.

;D

And speaking about pulling cucumbers.................. :whistling:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #798 on: Oct 05, 2016, 05:56 PM »
If you look up "Dirty old man" in the encyclopedia Brittanica your picture is all they print.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #799 on: Oct 05, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Been working up a potting bench in the little wood shop. None of of the designs I saw had any good storage for soil. I settled on a 20 gallon galvanized trash can. It'll hold a full 2  cubic foot bag of potting soil plus.

Added a tote to catch the excess from potting.

Still working out the back of the bench. Shelves....cabinet....storage....there's some ideas rolling around in  my head.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #800 on: Oct 06, 2016, 04:12 AM »
I woke up pretty early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Just finished browsing back on all 54 pages of this thread. What a fun topic this has been. I'm sure most of our gardens will be winding down soon. But,  we'll be planning next year's plantings and enjoying the fruits of our efforts all winter long. After all, that's what it's about, for the most part. Good eats!

So I just wanted to say thanks for all the help, advice and company. You're a lovely bunch of coconuts  ;D

Rg

BLACK ICE

« Reply #801 on: Oct 06, 2016, 04:36 AM »

Nice job on the potting bench Rg. I guess you are enjoying your retirement to have the time to do projects like
                 this.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #802 on: Oct 06, 2016, 05:14 AM »
Great job on the bench Bob..
I have also enjoyed this thread.. It was great seeing others gardens and all the veggies and canned stuff...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #803 on: Oct 06, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Nice bench, Bob. This is a good thread. I enjoy it, too.  ;D

The garden is winding down. Peppers are thriving, but my tomatoes are all of a sudden inundated with Horned Tomato Worms! I've never seen them this late or this thick. I'm talking 12 to 16 a day (for 18 plants) for the last 4 days, and ranging in size from 3/4" to 3" long. It's always something!   ::)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #804 on: Oct 06, 2016, 04:23 PM »
Thanks guys! Should have it pretty well finished this weekend. Fun stuff.

I've been seeing a lot of red Lilly leaf Beatles around. They're not bothering my plants that I can see. The little garden is still humming along for now. I should get some beans, radishes, chard and maybe some snow peas. Still bunch of peppers going too.

There's a new farm market down the road from me that just opened. I stopped in and showed the owner some pictures of my bird houses. He wants to take some on consignment. Sounds good to me ;D

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #805 on: Oct 06, 2016, 06:21 PM »
I woke up pretty early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Just finished browsing back on all 54 pages of this thread. What a fun topic this has been. I'm sure most of our gardens will be winding down soon. But,  we'll be planning next year's plantings and enjoying the fruits of our efforts all winter long. After all, that's what it's about, for the most part. Good eats!

So I just wanted to say thanks for all the help, advice and company. You're a lovely bunch of coconuts  ;D

Rg

I agree, I have enjoyed this thread as much as you. Wonderful tips and pics.

boondox

« Reply #806 on: Oct 06, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Great job on the bench Bob..
I have also enjoyed this thread.. It was great seeing others gardens and all the veggies and canned stuff...

Another for sticky or pin so it is easily found for others.. any how thanks again raquettedacker for starting this great thread have enjoyed reading threw it my self.. that's why I suggest a sticky or to pin it so it is easy to find for others..

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #807 on: Oct 08, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Garden is winding down, Maters are toast. Still lots of Peppers and Carrots. Brussles Sprouts are starting to tighten up. Lots of canning and a big ole pot of Venison Stew today me thinks :)

Bartman44

« Reply #808 on: Oct 08, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Its has  been fun and I have some great tips from all of you for next year. I just got done clearing out the garden with the exception of a batch of Brussel sprouts. 

Bob, I don't even know what a potting bench is but it looks like you did a great job on it, as usual.   

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #809 on: Oct 08, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Great harvest Ed..  I was just out in the rain picking tomatos and peppers for Herbs mom and dad.
Brussels sprouts, cabbage  and cherry peppers are still going strong. I have a lot of green tomatoes along with a bunch of red ones but Imy going to pull the plants next week and clean those up.. leaves are falling good today so I can chop them up and put them in my beds...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.