FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513260 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #825 on: Oct 12, 2016, 04:52 AM »
Good idea Dom. Wish I could do that. The bandits haven't bothered my bird feeders as yet. Things are pretty easy for them right now. Lots of feed. But they'll be around soon enough.

I've been thinking about the obstacle course for our squirrels. I might start with a maze box on a post and go from there. There's one big buck in the area that's pretty smart. My bet is he's the one we'll have the most fun with.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #826 on: Oct 12, 2016, 03:14 PM »
I came home from work at noon to take my tarps off and everything looked so good I watered everything..   But last week I took the electric fence down and I noticed all the ends of the tomato plants have been browsed by the deer....    I might get a couple more weeks out of it...     And put my ground blind up by it.. ::) ::)     ;D
You ain't gonna hunt till November  :-* :-* :-*

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #827 on: Oct 12, 2016, 03:28 PM »
You ain't gonna hunt till November  :-* :-* :-*

Or it gets to cold to fish in a boat.   :P :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #828 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Sounds like a nuisance permit to me :w00t:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #829 on: Oct 15, 2016, 07:17 AM »
Glad I picked the rest of my tomatoes last night. 26* here this morning and pretty frosty....  Covered the peppers that are left with one of my Teepee covers so there still good..
The season  is over its sad but I'm done.. ;D
Through my back out yesterday putting benches away at the greenhouses so it's going to be a day off and take it easy..  Maybe a little boat therapy later when it warms up... ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #830 on: Oct 15, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Got the rest of my garlic in this morning.

Bought some more seed from my guy at the farmers market. Got a couple for the fridge too ;D
We had 31 and  a frost on the grass this morning. I didn't cover anything last night and had no damage to the garden. Gonna pull the last tomato plants and plant the flower bulbs next.

Take it easy old man! I'm getting some "boat therapy" tomorrow morning and some "golf therapy" at 9:50 Monday morning. ;D

Chili is on the stove and smelling good.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #831 on: Oct 15, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Planted about 300 bulbs today. Critter deterrent installed till spring.

I'll pull the wire up in the spring.

Stuck some bulbs in the planters by the woodpile.

Covered the rest of the garlic bed too. I'll mulch that with leaves when I start picking them up.

All in all....a good day gardening.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #832 on: Oct 15, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Sure looks great Bob. Can't wait to see all those bulbs in bloom....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #833 on: Oct 16, 2016, 03:52 AM »
Should be fun. It goes from Asian lillies next to the pole, to tulips, to daffodils to crocus and iris. Should be stuff blooming most of the spring and summer.

My Bride will be happy  ;D

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #834 on: Oct 16, 2016, 08:41 AM »
Anyone else pickle garlic? Did a small batch this morning.

Very yummy in salads, or straight up ;D the pickling takes a lot of the edge off.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #835 on: Oct 20, 2016, 05:46 AM »
That looks interesting. Did you use your own pickle recipe?
I have a lot left over that I didn't plant.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #836 on: Oct 20, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Yup. Pretty much the same as the refrigerator pickle recipe, but without the dill. Had some in a salad last evening. Really big flavor. Good stuff!

Rg

filetandrelease

« Reply #837 on: Oct 20, 2016, 04:58 PM »

Looks great RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #838 on: Oct 20, 2016, 06:11 PM »
One of those things you put in the back of the fridge in October and discover again in December......much to your delight.

Rg

JoeGG

« Reply #839 on: Oct 20, 2016, 08:06 PM »
How deep do you plant garlic? I hear the larger the cloves the better? And can you use supermarket garlic your first year to get the ball rolling?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.