FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512870 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1065 on: Feb 26, 2017, 08:43 PM »
Why sure you could. It would make a fine mobile planter.  Heck, if you do it right you can dig your own worms as you need them!   :P  :-X

On second thought, you can come up with better!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1066 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Heres a few pictures of what I have been doing... 

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1067 on: Mar 01, 2017, 03:06 AM »
Playing in the dirt I see ;D Well, it keeps you out of mischief.

I like those tube planters. I was thinking about placing 6 of thenm around my garden on the posts. I thought a variety of flowers adjacent to the vegetable garden would attract more bees. Easier than trying to hang those coconut husk planters. Probably hold the moisture better as well.

Checked my flower gardens yesterday. I've got bulbs popping up all over. I was going to remove the chicken wire I put under the mulch to keep the deer from and squirrels from rooting around, but the bulbs seem to be growing right up through it just fine.

We're supposed to hit 70 today then down to 14 by Friday night. Sure hope they don't get frostbite.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #1068 on: Mar 01, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Looks like you been busy..this warm weather gets me in the mood for the garden but as always my days off this week gonna be 20 n snow here..but I think it's almost over can't wait to go play in the garden

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1069 on: Mar 01, 2017, 07:41 AM »
Busy, busy, busy!  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1070 on: Mar 02, 2017, 01:29 PM »
Were getting there...  8)
Putting hangers on the baskets and filling pots............. :P

Plugs for pots...........

Filling hanger baskets that need to go up the side walk to one of the other houses......

A few green lemons left on the tree..  We ate, or should I say drank the rest... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1071 on: Mar 11, 2017, 07:33 AM »
Its cold out so here are some greenhouse pictures to warm you up.....   ;D

O

« Reply #1072 on: Mar 11, 2017, 07:51 AM »
Nice work Dom, I miss my greenhouse days.  I'm working on setting up a lean to house off the barn for early seedlings, and a late lettuce patch.  Just need to figure out how to heat it.  It's very small compared to yours, about 10 x 20.

Can you take a full pic of your lemon tree?  I have a small one in the house that we have picked four or five lemons off of so far.  I'd love to see it grow big enough to hold four or five at a time like yours!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1073 on: Mar 11, 2017, 08:09 AM »
Looks great Dom.

I've got the itch to play in the dirt. All on hold for now with 15 degrees and a little snow out there ;)

Gardening is an exercise in patience I guess.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1074 on: Mar 11, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Nice work Dom, I miss my greenhouse days.  I'm working on setting up a lean to house off the barn for early seedlings, and a late lettuce patch.  Just need to figure out how to heat it.  It's very small compared to yours, about 10 x 20.

I heat my little greenhouse using a small table lamp with a 150 watt light bulb. I made a shade for it out of a #10 can with a half a dozen "church-key" holes around the top with a finial hole in the center. It makes a nice little heater.   ;D

O

« Reply #1075 on: Mar 11, 2017, 05:07 PM »
I think my space might be too big for that, unless I had a series of them.  The upper portion is around 10 feet tall. 

Maybe I could have a greenhouse inside of a greenhouse....And heat it with a light bulb......That's got me thinking.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1076 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05:45 PM »
I was super depressed looking at my garden covered in 3 feet of snow this morning.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1077 on: Mar 15, 2017, 06:54 PM »
I was super depressed looking at my garden covered in 3 feet of snow this morning.

Rg
Same here bud, Snow blowed a path to it  :(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1078 on: Mar 15, 2017, 06:58 PM »
That's funny. I was actually considering digging it out ;D

I'll wait I guess.

Rg

fishin4eyes

« Reply #1079 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:00 PM »
I hear ya there rg. A week ago I was thinking id get my trees and berry bushes in by mid April. Still got a ton of ground preparation to do

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.