FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513049 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1275 on: May 20, 2017, 04:26 AM »
Thanks guys.

Lots better than the mulch eh? :thumbup_smilie:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #1276 on: May 21, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Tried your pepper jelly on a slice of rye toast today.
Nice.!!!
I was expecting some heat.

But it was sweet.
Really good Bob.
Thanks.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1277 on: May 21, 2017, 10:41 AM »
Nope....not hot.....just good ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1278 on: May 21, 2017, 06:40 PM »

Had some fun at the local nursery's gathering some stuff for potting and the garden, I don't know how many of you are local to the Cuse, but if you are you need to take a visit to Hafeners, I'm pretty sure they have every plant, tree and shrub that exists. Just an impressive nursery to say the least. Spent the weekend around the house doing yard chores and prepping to plant the garden out back, but today we got a decent potted garden done out front

There's 2 blueberry bushes, 22 strawberry plants, A cherry tomato, 2 raspberry vines, lilies,cannas, callas,and dahlia's. I gotta figure out where I'm setting up my permanent beds for the perennials soon.... On a side note the plugger RG made and sent me out of the kindness of his heart worked amazingly, and even the Bride, who gave me a ton of grief suggesting that it was for plugging other things ::)  had to admit it was perfect and wondered how we ever did this with other primitive tools  ;D

I can't thank you enough RG, Great tool :thumbup_smilie:

Mac Attack

« Reply #1279 on: May 21, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Nope....not hot.....just good ;D

Rg

yup!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1280 on: May 22, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Looking great DD! Glad the garden tool worked for you. I've made a few styles of those and the one with the longer handle works the best.

Now , I know I'll get greif about this, but it's proper name is a "Dibbler".....(not one word Mac!  :nono:)

I'll be turning some more of those for my yard sales now that my gardens are mostly complete and the horse shoe pits are done.

Harvested some more radishes yesterday. Planted the Passion flower cuttings I took last year. Still need to plant some vegetable towers, but I'm thinking about that. I believe I'll start the crop outside in the little peat pots then transplant to the towers and see how that goes. I'm also thinking that 3 bigger towers might be better than 6 smaller towers.

Bigger is always better right? ;D Anyway, I'm going to ditch the bucket at the bottom of the tower and Line the inside and bottom with some landscape fabric. The plan is to use some 1/2"  EMT poles to hold them upright. If I make them 16" in diameter, it takes a bit over 4 cubic feet of soil to fill, if I make them 12" in diameter it takes half that to fill them. What I built is 8" in diameter holding only a little over 1 cubic foot of soil. Doesn't seem like enough to me.

Won't be long and we'll be comparing harvests ;D

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #1281 on: May 22, 2017, 09:36 AM »

Now , I know I'll get greif about this, but it's proper name is a "Dibbler".....(not one word Mac!  :nono:)

teehee

Not "b".

"d"

:whistling:

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #1282 on: May 22, 2017, 11:36 AM »
thats awesome attack..........I have a question.......real and smart*ss..........is that thing for sowing seeds?   and why not just use your finger  :w00t: :o

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

zwiggles

« Reply #1283 on: May 22, 2017, 12:49 PM »
teehee

Not "b".

"d"

:whistling:

That was also my first thought..... dirty minds....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1284 on: May 22, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Some men are always boys.  ::)

It's a garden tool for planting seedlings.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #1285 on: May 22, 2017, 03:19 PM »
 and why not just use your finger  :w00t: :o

THAT, would make it a diddler.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1286 on: May 22, 2017, 05:58 PM »
Couldn't help yourself ....could you.

Well.....you diddle......I'll dibble. Of course....you're a little old for that kind of thing.....aren't you?

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #1287 on: May 22, 2017, 06:22 PM »
Couldn't help yourself ....could you.

Well.....you diddle......I'll dibble. Of course....you're a little old for that kind of thing.....aren't you?

Rg

It's not age

It's mileage

8)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1288 on: May 22, 2017, 08:35 PM »

Well it's better than what my wife was calling it  ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1289 on: May 23, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Meanwhile back in the garden.......

The towers turned into a gutter planter this morning.

I figure it's just easier to water the whole thing  and I can add tiers. Now I'm looking at actual gutter for troughs . I can buy pvc gutter or aluminum for about $7 a 10' length. Hard to say where this one Might be going ;D

I put leaf lettuce, chard and spinach in the first one. Might do some strawberries, radishes, herbs and some other greens in a few more.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.