FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BASS LAKE  (Read 2341 times)

abishop

BASS LAKE
« on: Jul 13, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Decided to give the Dead Sea a try. Havent been out there this year so I decided to make my yearly pilgrimage just 2 c if anything has changed. Caught over 50 crappie, small mouth, white bass, perch, and catfish. Yes, NO WALLEYES. Didnt want to chance the big lake because I did get a couple reports with only 1 fish caught and another with NO BITES. Had a good time with my son, caught a bunch of fish and left before it got too hot and all the speed boats arrived. Hope by next Saturday the perch have moved back in. I did also hear a 17 1/2 perch was caught from Michigan City LAST SATURDAY.??????? NO PICS???????????

Spooled85

Re: BASS LAKE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Nice job Bishop ! We fished from about 8pm to 1 am and only one big crappie to show for ! Three of as casted and trolled non stop I wish I had a dollar for every cast made last night . Was a beautiful night to be out tho !!! Round two tonight not sure if it gonna be bass or maxi tho .......

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2019, 02:24 PM »
17 1/2" perch? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cant even get 14's. Lol

How was the size of crappie on bass? Sounds like a fun time. Hope that lake comes back around, sooner than later of course.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2019, 04:08 PM »
17 1/2" perch? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Cant even get 14's. Lol

How was the size of crappie on bass? Sounds like a fun time. Hope that lake comes back around, sooner than later of course.
8 TO 12. nothing big, but a couple meals. This is the best I have seen on Bass lake for numbers in over 10 years. How did you do on the big lake today?

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2019, 04:35 PM »
No one ever has a picture of that 17 1/2 inch perch and it's alway a friend of a friend of a friend told them. Trust me I used to hear it all the time on Wawasee.

And no one brought it to me or any of my fellow taxidermists in the area.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2019, 07:15 PM »
I hear ya, something that big needs to have a tape next to it. Probably had a 14 next to a bunch of 9 and took a guess imho. lol

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2019, 09:02 PM »
I hear ya, something that big needs to have a tape next to it. Probably had a 14 next to a bunch of 9 and took a guess imho. lol

Yup! Even with the perch I feed daily I've only be able to produce one over 16 inches and that was way back in 2005. They seem to hit a brick wall in the 14 to 15 inch range. They do go off feed for a while in the summer though when temps get high enough. Not seeing any at feeding time right now. Only bluegill and bass.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2019, 09:07 PM »
Used to have no problem catching 14-16 1/2" perch on the weed beds in the summer on the big lake.

Them days have vanished, hope it comes back some day.

But 17 1/2", man...
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #8 on: Jul 14, 2019, 01:41 AM »
Guy I know does have a 17 3/4 inch perch on the wall, but, it is skinny.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2019, 07:06 AM »
Used to have no problem catching 14-16 1/2" perch on the weed beds in the summer on the big lake.

Them days have vanished, hope it comes back some day.

But 17 1/2", man...

It's not that I don't believe you but do you have any pictures? A friend of mine that lives in Michigan has combed the state looking for 16 or bigger perch. He's really into big perch and has replica made from scratch of the Michigan state record yellow perch that was supposed to be 21 inches. Hears about a big one mounted in a bar across the state etc. but they never pan out. Always under 16 inches. He did get two 16 inch perch from an Indiana netter, but still says a 16 inch or bigger perch is as rare as a 10 lb. bass in the north. Said the netters on Lake Huron rarely see them too.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2019, 07:07 AM »
Guy I know does have a 17 3/4 inch perch on the wall, but, it is skinny.

Have you actually seen this fish or did you take his word for it?

How about a picture with a tape next to it?

abishop

« Reply #11 on: Jul 15, 2019, 04:24 AM »
Have you actually seen this fish or did you take his word for it?

How about a picture with a tape next to it?
I saw the 1 on the wall.  Son said one of the guys he knows got the 17 1/2 ?????????

MC_angler

« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:31 AM »
I did also hear a 17 1/2 perch was caught from Michigan City LAST SATURDAY.??????? NO PICS???????????

Guy on MC pier said he had a 16 inch perch a couple weeks ago to our creel clerk. It was 10 3/4 when taped

Don't believe anything you hear unless it's backed up by a picture, and even then be skeptical until it's on a bump board when you are talking about truly incredible sized fish

I'd definitely believe a 16 out of Lake Michigan, but would be skeptical of anything bigger without concrete evidence. Not that it's impossible, just improbable

Spooled85

« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2019, 09:06 AM »
Last yr we caught quite a few 16 's all measured and that is the biggest I've ever seen

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2019, 01:12 PM »
Guy on MC pier said he had a 16 inch perch a couple weeks ago to our creel clerk. It was 10 3/4 when taped

Don't believe anything you hear unless it's backed up by a picture, and even then be skeptical until it's on a bump board when you are talking about truly incredible sized fish

I'd definitely believe a 16 out of Lake Michigan, but would be skeptical of anything bigger without concrete evidence. Not that it's impossible, just improbable

:thumbup_smilie:

Well here's my 16 1/4 from one of my ponds. 2.81 pounds. Only one 16 inches and may never repeat it. A college fisheries prof friend from South Dakota State aged the otolith bone at 6 years old.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.