FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First Fish  (Read 3460 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
First Fish
« on: May 05, 2004, 10:16 PM »
How many of you can remember catching your first fish? This photo was taken in 1958 I was 4 years old and as you can see already dangerous with a fishing pole!
Can't say that I remember this particular event but it must have made a big impression on me because I have been tring to catch those little fishies ever since.
Now I have a couple small tykes of my own who will be getting some lessons from the old man soon. I do remember going down to "the dock" and having a pickerel jump out of the lake and grab my worm on the hook before I could even get it in the water! caught him too.

FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Otter

• Retired MFF Mod
  • The river is mine
Re: First Fish
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 12:21 AM »
The first fish I remember was a large flounder I caught when I was like 5 years old.  I caught him on one of those "Snoopy" rods with a little spincast real.  I was hooked for life!

OTIS

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 07:16 AM »
I caught a 14 inch small mouth on my Zebco 202 when I was 4 years old out of a friend’s boat on Oneida Lake.  No one would believe me because I kept crying wolf every time I hooked into some weeds.  Then dad turned around and the fish was hanging from the end of my rod.  I’ll never forget that day…
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Polar

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 07:19 AM »
Well my first fish was a carp when I was 5. Thats what got me started.

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 08:08 AM »
My first fish was a bass. I think i was 4. My uncle said if I caught the first fish he was going to put it back. I did and he did (the season wasnt open on bass). He made me cry LOL but i was hooked
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 09:27 AM »
My first fish was a 14" brown trout caught while fishing with my dad and brother off of a bridge on a small trout stream.  I was 5 years old and was fishing with a worm and a bobber on one side of the bridge while my father was fishing the other side.  My brother had gone down to the waters edge below me and as I was pulling in the fish it almost hit him in the head.  That was the only fish we caught there that day but I was hooked for life! Unfortunately, my dad can't get out fishing too much anymore but I still go with my brother quite a bit.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

joefroggy

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 07:37 PM »
My 1st ones I can remember was catching bluegills on doughballs behind my dads office building when I was 5-7 years old.  After that, 1st pickerel strike on jitterbug few years later and it was all over for me.   It just kept getting uglier after I got a boat on the water years later.............

Joefroggy

Jigwiggler

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 03:24 PM »
The first fish I remember was the one that got away.  I was 4 or 5 years old and fishing with my father on the Susquehanna, we were drifting with Stone cats.  I had a little Zebco 404 and got a bite.  I let the fish run and set the hook.  The fish instantly jumped for the sky.  It was a 4-5lb smallmouth and it swam directly toward the boat.  I couldn't begin to keep up with my little Zebco and the fish got slack and was gone.  I was broken hearted to say the least.  The next day when my dad came home from work he brought me my first spinning rod/reel and said "Here you go, now you'll be able to keep up with the big ones."  I can still see that fish as clears as can be.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 09:13 PM »
I don't remember the first,  but I remember many and the different people who took the time to expose me to this incredible sport.

peple of the perch

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 07:10 PM »
i am surprised no one sad sun fish. but mine was a wite bass

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 08:00 PM »
I was like 2 years old and my dad was holding me and I caught a salmon. I don't remember it but that's what I'm told. I was stream fishing regularly for rainbows and browns by age 5 and I still am fishing for them!

wyogator

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 11:12 AM »
My first fish was a saltwater catfish on a piece of cut shrimp on a Zebco 202. I was 3 yrs. old and still remember it like it was yesterday. I also remember the first wave I caught surfing.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 08:58 PM »
My first fish was a small walleye. I think that is why I love these fish. 8) 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.