FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lamprey river  (Read 3168 times)

jibbs

lamprey river
« on: Mar 29, 2007, 09:16 AM »
if anybody lives in the newmarket, nh area could you please check the launch and report its condition. thanks jibbs
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

jibbs

Re: lamprey river
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2007, 09:17 AM »
sorry i thought i messed up on the first one!!!!!!!! that's why i have always been known as the village idiot. lol
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

KissMyBassNH

• Bass Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2007, 01:51 AM »
 ???

Catch A Buzz!

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2007, 09:37 AM »
why the confusion? when you click back from posting it doesn't show your reply or  post.

KissMyBassNH

• Bass Fisherman
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2007, 11:37 PM »
launch on the lamprey? and what kind of conditions are we talkin about

Catch A Buzz!

jibbs

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2007, 08:00 AM »
there is a great launch in newmarket that is usually ice in at this time. the river opens up, but the launch tends to be last because its in the shade. i'm just curious to see if i can launch my boat this weekend and stretch some lines. its a great stretch of river that holds some real nice bass. we have caught a few that were in the 5+ range and a young boy caught  one  under the train tressel a few years back that was in the 8 pound range. he actually caught it on a live sunfish that  he caught with a worm.

pipes18079

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2007, 11:25 AM »
have they stocked the lamprey yet or anywhere for that matter. I have been out of the loop in NH lately. I have been fishing all in mass for the last month.

KissMyBassNH

• Bass Fisherman
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2007, 02:16 PM »
i heard they stocked a bunch of places already havent heard anything about the lamprey though ..ill have to check that out jibbs never been to that part of the river sounds nice 8)

Catch A Buzz!

jibbs

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2007, 04:31 PM »
guy its a great launch cement brick launch. not a lot of parking but that stretch of the river is incrediable. if you are heading from 125 onto 152 go by the newmarket high school and take a left at the town hall. when you come to a stop sign (convience store on the right corner) go straight for about a mile around the loop and bear right. the launch will be right there. if you are going through down town newmarket take a left at the library right before the l08 bridge and you will see that same store and then take a right. let me know when you go. i fished that river for three summers straight. the bass love hanging out by the lower falls in the early season then move up towards the horsefarm and the upper inlet. its a great place to fish later in the day into the night. real low key, no fish and game, a great place to have a few beers and smokes and catch some fish. its also a great place to ice fish in the winter. plenty of pickeral and bass. tons of wood structure, train tressels, rock, and of course pads. the bass up there love brush hogs, spider grubs, senko's and spinnerbaits. plenty of places to fish and its real hard to get bored. how's pawtuckaway and onway looking when it comes to ice on the lakes? good luck and let me know when you going and i will try to help you out with some info. word!

KissMyBassNH

• Bass Fisherman
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2007, 05:33 PM »
i just took a drive by onway for ya ..havent seen pawtuckaway but onway looks like its opened all the way up didnt see any ice ... the boat ramp is a mess from the last storm still alot of nasty snow and alot of big tree branches down all over it someones gotta clean them up and we need some warmth to melt that snow!  :)

Catch A Buzz!

natureboy79

« Reply #10 on: Apr 08, 2007, 07:54 AM »
jibbs, I fish that stretch alot also. Next time you go try throwing a black rooster tail, it normally outfishes everything else i throw. You also have a chance of hooking a trout at the same time. Nice quit place to fish.
My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic...

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Apr 09, 2007, 09:00 AM »
i have had a few friends land some trout on some broken back rapala's. its just such a nice river to enjoy! its great to swim in and then go for a trip up the river.

pipes18079

« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2007, 01:25 PM »
80 % of my trout are caught on broken back rapalas in the gold color

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.