FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp around manch  (Read 1378 times)

LilWilly

• Iceshanty-Jigmasterjr
Carp around manch
« on: Mar 31, 2007, 09:53 AM »
anyone know of any decent spots to catch some carp on the merrimack up around manchester. I havent quite found a good spot yet any help pointing me in the right direction is welcome.

thefinlessbrown

Re: Carp around manch
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2007, 08:44 PM »
i've fished the merrimack since i was a kid in the manch area .... from rock hopping under the dam for bass to carping to fishing the bloody river when the slaughter house was running.. and i gotta tell you the carp numbers are really taking a hit sincethey stopped the dumping in the river or so they say lol anyway my advise is find the dirtiest and slowest water around a decent spot is down by the treatment plant off of brown ave or under the queen city bridge also as soon as they shut the dam down go down and check the big pools right below it ....... it can be a real chalenge to land them in there without getting cut off on the rocks there is another pool behind the new public service building that somtimes traps them in as the dam closes i guess the bottom line is that there really aren't any good spots anymore unfortunately its either hit or miss these days sad but true  ??? :'(
bob

set the drag ya never know !!!!

thefinlessbrown

Re: Carp around manch
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2007, 08:48 PM »
oh yeah hence the name the fin less brown  from fishing the river in the old days if you don't get it picture a floating terd in the river lol
set the drag ya never know !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.