FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: salmon help on winni  (Read 1530 times)

natureboy79

salmon help on winni
« on: Apr 04, 2007, 08:55 AM »
trying to catch salmon from shore on lake. Im not a salmon fisherman but want to try it out. I was going to use live smelt but not sure how to rig it. Do I use split shots or let him swim free? Or is there a better bait? Any info would be helpfull.
My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic...

Badgermilk27

Re: salmon help on winni
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Find an incoming stream or river into Winni, then hook a couple salmon eggs on a small hook under a really light bobber, cast into the current, and let out line and let it flow out...keep an eye on the bobber and see what happens.  I suppose you could do the same with smelt to if you wanted to.
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Badgermilk27

« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2007, 05:17 PM »
I used to live in New Hapshire, and still fish there whenever I can get back...
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

natureboy79

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2007, 07:00 PM »
thanks badger, Ill try that out after this snow storm goes by. I tried today with smelt. I fished the edge of the ice with a bobber set about 3 feet up., no bites. My biggest problem today was keeping the smelt alive.  When I hooked it through the lips it would fall off and tried hooking through the back but it would die quickly. I should have bought shiners. Any more tips guys?
My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.