FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: O/T Cougar spotted  (Read 8289 times)

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

waterwolf603

Re: O/T Cougar spotted
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:11 AM »
wow that is crazy thanks for sharing duck dr! It would be pretty sweet if they made a comeback, but it also may mean deer populations could suffer if there was a thriving population
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

sgthoskins

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:21 AM »
but it also may mean deer populations could suffer if there was a thriving population

Not sure what a healthy population would do but I'm sure it will have an impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGfxD5hcInw

waterwolf603

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2012, 08:24 AM »
sick video, ya it definately could hurt the deer population

AquaAssassin

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2012, 09:01 AM »
wow that is crazy thanks for sharing duck dr! It would be pretty sweet if they made a comeback, but it also may mean deer populations could suffer if there was a thriving population

I don't see where the sweet part would be chief? I think we will be just fine in NH if there were never another cougar, wolf, or Coyote ever seen again. We know that won't happen though........
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2012, 09:37 AM »
I posted on the fish and game FB page and they have not been able to make contact with the photographer
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

waterwolf603

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2012, 09:54 AM »
I don't see where the sweet part would be chief? I think we will be just fine in NH if there were never another cougar, wolf, or Coyote ever seen again. We know that won't happen though........

I just think it is cool because the are such an apex predator ya know, anyway they have huge home ranges and are solitary creatures so they are extremely territorial,; meaning we wouldnt really have too much to worry about as far as a big population. I agree with you as far as yote's and wolves tho because they are pack oriented animals and will smoke deer heards

ebour

« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2012, 10:01 AM »
I believe the deer are over populated, that's really cool I saw three bear cubs this weekend

Duck Doctor

« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2012, 10:09 AM »
I believe the deer are over populated,

I have to disagree. In some parts the deer herd is in good numbers.  However, in the northern part of the state where I normally worry about my beagles because of the deer/moose.... I never even cut a track in the snow this past winter!

ebour

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2012, 11:12 AM »
I guess it is a little different in Massachusetts, but historically there were wolves and mountain lions in the area, but man removed them and with the vast majority of apex predators gone, the deer had very few threats

bogmanjr

• KET-CHEN-ENY ?
« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Plenty of threats left without Lion's and wolve's.

Better get a couple Bear/cat hound's to compliment the beagle's DD.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »
I've seen plenty of cougars in NH! Oh wait...... Nevermind  ::) :D

AquaAssassin

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2012, 12:26 PM »
I've seen plenty of cougars in NH! Oh wait...... Nevermind  ::) :D

That's where my mind traveled at first as well LOL 8)

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

big lou

« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2012, 02:20 PM »
I'm with you there frank we don't need any more deer eaters out there.if the state declares they are here they have to change the whole deer management to make sure they can thrive also.you think the seasons are whacked now just wait.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Exactly, if you think the deer are overpopulated you don't live in NH, and if you think Cougars are a good thing then move west................

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.