FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: O/T Cougar spotted  (Read 8290 times)

swnoel

Re: O/T Cougar spotted
« Reply #45 on: Aug 24, 2012, 04:31 PM »
GB... your not going to believe it!!

I was going for a walk last night behind the house and just happened to have my digital camera around my neck... I usually don't take it with me.

This is unbelievable... I rounded a corner and there it was ...a spotted hyena!!

How did you know they were in NH?? ;D

puddlejumper68

« Reply #46 on: Aug 25, 2012, 06:27 AM »
Exactly, if you think the deer are overpopulated you don't live in NH, and if you think Cougars are a good thing then move west................
.   Lol. Can't say it better then that.
im not drunk i just navigate that way.

puddlejumper68

« Reply #47 on: Aug 25, 2012, 06:43 AM »
They spotted one in Westford ma a few years back then down cape cod saying it was probably the same animal. Google it    I don't doubt it seams when Canada gets blasted with snow they travel south could have a few looking for a new home but dont want to see a population of them here for sure if I'm
Bent over in the woods after some bad Chinese food don't want
Something jumping on my Back.  Lol.  8)
im not drunk i just navigate that way.

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #48 on: Aug 27, 2012, 12:06 PM »
     Amazing experience and wonderful pic! And I completely believe that they hold up here in NE. I personally know farmers who see them throughout the year of different sizes and ages. They also find large gashes from bite marks on the back of their cattle's backs along with deep scratches. Also I know of hunters who have as well sent pics of them off trail cameras to FNG and they keep writing back that they are poor pictures of deer. I didn't know that the NH deer have 3 foot orange tails hahaha. But it its a scary thought but they were here before us and if they need to come back into our environment for whatever reason then I believe it is the State's Duty to protect them.

linesider

« Reply #49 on: Aug 29, 2012, 01:04 AM »
I've heard of this a lot around the area I hunt and I don't doubt for 1 minute we have them here but it is perfectly ok with me if F&G wants to deny it because if we don't have them
They won't miss the one I shaft! Are deer are hurting enough we do not need this predator here the average kill of mountain lion out west is a elk a week! So what does that translate to when you drop 3-400 lbs off the prey!

AquaAssassin

« Reply #50 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:00 PM »
I've heard of this a lot around the area I hunt and I don't doubt for 1 minute we have them here but it is perfectly ok with me if F&G wants to deny it because if we don't have them
They won't miss the one I shaft! Are deer are hurting enough we do not need this predator here the average kill of mountain lion out west is a elk a week! So what does that translate to when you drop 3-400 lbs off the prey!

X2, I like your style bro 8)
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #51 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:02 PM »
LOL, just realized who you were, 3 more days until bear season my freind......

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

linesider

« Reply #52 on: Aug 29, 2012, 07:59 PM »
Hahaha yup we've already started in Maine I've got a slob comming in 350-400! My brother in law sat the last couple nights only saw a sow and cubs and a small boar

AquaAssassin

« Reply #53 on: Aug 29, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Right on bro! Put a rage in the cage 8)

SRTBOATS

« Reply #54 on: Sep 04, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Last year when I lived in southern Maine I went for a walk in the woods behind my house. Looking across into what would be Milton Mills right on the other side of the river I saw one. My boss at the time who is an avid hunter and woodsman as well as a local game warden told me there hadnt been one seen in quite a few years and said most likely it was a cat. Considering the distance away it was that would be a d**n big cat. Im confident in what I did see that day but wasnt about to try to get any closer than I already was.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.