FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2013 Saltwater Thread  (Read 50420 times)

puddlejumper68

Re: 2013 Saltwater Thread
« Reply #300 on: Sep 12, 2013, 06:22 AM »
Anyone know if the squid are still biting around Portsmouth ???
im not drunk i just navigate that way.

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #301 on: Sep 14, 2013, 10:36 AM »
Don't know if it helps but,
I haven't been out for them sence last weekend, they were still around then in ok numbers. Going to check tonight, who knows after all that rain? I'll post if I get into any.

I do know that there were nice fat stripers in shallow in the river last night feeding in the chocolate milk looking water at outgoing. Fish up to around 37-38" all released. Mostly caught on dead squid on bottom and one on a sluggo.  ;)

Clams

• All day, every day!
« Reply #302 on: Sep 14, 2013, 10:27 PM »
Yes squid are still around. Got 18 in a half hour on the Kittery side at around 9pm. Mostly medium size. Stripers are around as well and starting to put the feed bags on getting ready to head south. Get out there while their still here.

Update- Sunday night...... no squid on the last of incoming. Then just a few on outgoing.  ::)

altonbayer

« Reply #303 on: Sep 16, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Went out on Captains deep sea charter out of Plum Island on Saturday, I caught about 30 fish although only 3 were keeper size. When I fillet the fish (at home) found the cod loaded with worms. Also, the blue dogs were around; a lady fishing next to me was landing a small pollack when a 7 to 8 footer tried to take her fish. A couple people were also bit off by the shark, me included.
Most of the fishing was in the 140-200FOW range. From my experience the shallower the cod come from the more likely to have worms.... Anybody else agree/disagree with this?

puddlejumper68

« Reply #304 on: Sep 17, 2013, 06:05 AM »
Yes squid are still around. Got 18 in a half hour on the Kittery side at around 9pm. Mostly medium size. Stripers are around as well and starting to put the feed bags on getting ready to head south. Get out there while their still here.

Update- Sunday night...... no squid on the last of incoming. Then just a few on outgoing.  ::)
. Thanks for the report clams I gotta get out there been going to my camp up Maine last 3 weekends this weekend is gonna be fishing all weekend some nite striper action then some cod Sunday . Give a report sat on Friday nights striper trip
im not drunk i just navigate that way.

JoeGG

« Reply #305 on: Sep 17, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Went out on Captains deep sea charter out of Plum Island on Saturday, I caught about 30 fish although only 3 were keeper size. When I fillet the fish (at home) found the cod loaded with worms. Also, the blue dogs were around; a lady fishing next to me was landing a small pollack when a 7 to 8 footer tried to take her fish. A couple people were also bit off by the shark, me included.
Most of the fishing was in the 140-200FOW range. From my experience the shallower the cod come from the more likely to have worms.... Anybody else agree/disagree with this?
inshore cod are loaded with worms because they feed on seal crap.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #306 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Un sticked and replaced with the 2014 Saltwater Thread.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.