FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472521 times)

UglyStik

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #1545 on: Apr 28, 2016, 06:04 AM »
I went out pan fishing yesterday and hit several spots. I was going to try the access by rt. 81 from the Bartell rd. access site, but it is closed for repairs to the highway. Reason I mention it is many people go there for opening day, you will probably need a different plan unless they finish by then.

OTIS

« Reply #1546 on: Apr 30, 2016, 05:10 AM »
Anyone know where to get flatheads on the east shore?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

wertty

« Reply #1547 on: Apr 30, 2016, 05:15 AM »
bucks and bolts rt 49 past    rt13  east of north bay less than amile!!!!!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1548 on: Apr 30, 2016, 06:05 AM »
Ok Ok, I did have a couple from last weekend.  8)

Nice spot  ;D ;D ;D

probie

« Reply #1549 on: Apr 30, 2016, 06:17 AM »
Looking for an aluminum boat for Oneida lake and looking for input about size. Is a 16ft boat big enough and safe enough for those rougher days?

perchgypsy

« Reply #1550 on: Apr 30, 2016, 06:25 AM »
Alot of people ask about boat size...I'm no expert on it but I'd say length isn't as important as width and having a deep v to cut the bigger waves..16' is decent but is it flat bottom ,round or deep v is what you want to know,other wise known as hull style

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1551 on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Looking for an aluminum boat for Oneida lake and looking for input about size. Is a 16ft boat big enough and safe enough for those rougher days?
you should be good with a 16 as long as it's a v hull like mentioned above. I run a 14 footer and never had trouble. Good luck
Nice job findin em

OTIS

« Reply #1552 on: May 01, 2016, 06:10 AM »
bucks and bolts rt 49 past    rt13  east of north bay less than amile!!!!!

Great place.  Didn't know it existed until yesterday.  Definitely at the top of my list, and they have good hours too.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

ecolt14527

« Reply #1553 on: May 01, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Deadeyez:
  Have to agree with what was posted. My personal boat was a 16ft. Starcraft/W 50 hp. for years. Fished Oneida, Ontario, Erie and many southern lakes. Wore out two trailers with that boat. It all comes down to common sense !! When I was an ECO--they assigned me a 14 ft. boat with a 10 hp. motor in 1960, patroled most of the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario with that boat for close to 10 years. Just was real careful. Most boat are sunk from a wave coming from behind, over the transom, if you are going slower than the waves, watch your back side. Your boat should have a very good bilge pump in perfect working condition.
  Good luck and enjoy !!
  JTP

ecolt14527

« Reply #1554 on: May 01, 2016, 01:13 PM »
Sorry, addressed the wrong person. Not Deadeyez but Probie !! That's what happens when you hit the big 80 !!
 Warning, will be headed to Oneida soon. Catch what y'all can know as I'm going to clean the lake of eye's !!
 JTP

filetandrelease

« Reply #1555 on: May 01, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Sorry, addressed the wrong person. Not Deadeyez but Probie !! That's what happens when you hit the big 80 !!
 Warning, will be headed to Oneida soon. Catch what y'all can know as I'm going to clean the lake of eye's !!
 JTP
As chief Brody said in jaws , you'll need a bigger boat lol

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1556 on: May 01, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Lol  ;D
Nice job findin em

probie

« Reply #1557 on: May 01, 2016, 08:40 PM »
Thanks for the input.  Tight lines!

perchgypsy

« Reply #1558 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48 AM »
Think we have some time if your bringing three fish at a time to Penn Yan... :w00t: :w00t:

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #1559 on: May 02, 2016, 06:17 AM »
Nice spot  ;D ;D ;D
That pic was a decoy. I went there and held up a fish to throw the all the "seagulls" off my trail. ;) ;D 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.