FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yearly Maintenance  (Read 892 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Yearly Maintenance
« on: Mar 23, 2021, 03:44 PM »
Well, the old 30hp Johnson was dripping some from the lower gear case. So, I pulled the prop shaft housing and bought new seals and o ring. As usual there’s no way to get out of buying parts and walking away for less then $50.

I won this time....$47.30.

Anyway. It’s all back together and ready when the water is.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Doubles Shooter

Re: Yearly Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2021, 04:46 PM »
I put new seals in two years ago. It's great we can get parts to keep these old timers fresh.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2021, 06:46 AM »
I buy from Pugsley’s marine in Webster. Yeah they’re a bit more expensive than online but I always get genuine OMC parts. They’ve never failed to have what I was looking for. By the time I add in today’s outrageous shipping prices, it works out the same.

Rather give a local business the money anyway. They’re super nice people.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2021, 02:24 PM »
Omc was bought up in 2000 after filing bankruptcy. Bombardier owns Johnson/Evinrude. Those old Mercs were a nightmare. They changed model 5 times a year and parts were nonexistent. No idea how they are now. I’d never own one anyway.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.