My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

9.9 kicker speed

<< < (2/2)

Jethro:
I'm able to get real slow if I drop my main all the way into the water and put the motor in gear to keep the prop from spinning. But my kicker is a 6hp and my boat is heavier than yours. If you are getting a new 9.9 they idle down amazingly slow. Especially the E.F.I. Merc ProKickers that have lower final drive gearing. They make a 9.9 carb version but it doesn't idle as low or have the lower gearing. I'd love to upgrade to one of them but they are spendy!

fish/hunt4ever:
I have the 9.9 pro xs efi kicker on the new boat and can usually troll around 1.1 or higher with just the motor, but this is on a 195 alumacraft trophy. If I was to go .6 to 1.1 usually just use the I pilot in the front to troll with. If there is some wind I use both motors to help with stearing the boat. But I use both motors most the time when I troll from 1.1 to anything higher. Just like how the I pilot steers the boat by pulling not pushing.  You could back troll and that would help you with your speed and steering as well.

Ice Dawg:
I have a Lund 1800 Fisherman with a carbureted 9.9 Pro Kicker and it will troll 1 mph all day long.

mcully:
put a trolling plate on it and it's available if you need it

lowaccord66:
Was trolling recently on a buddies rig and the troll master controller was absolutely amazing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version