FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Well it happend again today, no mounting this one though  (Read 4014 times)

stguy

9.12 pound wild salmon from Sebago

touge30

Re: Well it happend again today, no mounting this one
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2020, 04:33 PM »
Thats a real beauty.Fish and woman

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
Re: Well it happend again today, no mounting this one
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2020, 04:55 PM »
Hog!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Well it happend again today, no mounting this one though
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2020, 06:42 PM »
Wow. Over 9 LBS. Massively girthy fish.  Way to go, Glen!

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:28 PM »
What a football!!!

Thanks for the share!

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Glen, That is a Beauty for sure. It looks like it has been fed well. Do you have any idea how old a 30 “ Salmon would be?

iceman260

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Wow nice fish.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Glen, 2x trophy salmon in one year, quite the accomplishment!

Glen, That is a Beauty for sure. It looks like it has been fed well. Do you have any idea how old a 30 “ Salmon would be?

somewhere in between 6 and 10 years old I believe, maybe older? saltyshores (on this forum) would know (they grow much faster than lake trout/don't live as long as lake trout).

stguy

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2020, 11:32 AM »

I've talked to the biologist quite a bit about that, with a healthy smelt population the salmon in Sebago have a life span of 5-8 years, as everyone knows the smelt are gone so I'm very anxious to talk to them about this one.

stguy

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Glen, 2x trophy salmon in one year, quite the accomplishment!

somewhere in between 6 and 10 years old I believe, maybe older? saltyshores (on this forum) would know (they grow much faster than lake trout/don't live as long as lake trout).

It's been a pretty special season for sure, got a 23 pound laker back in the spring as well a few 15 -18 pounders...all I can think is my old friend Bob Dunham, (Thresher),is upstairs looking after me, I'm not doing anything special to catch them other than spending so much time on the water.

Smallmouth Squarepants

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:07 AM »
Great fish!

I pulled one out of the Penobscot Saturday fishing for bass, looked about 21-23". Thin as a rail and looked like she was all spawned out already.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Terrific fish right there! Congrats, you are building quite a good gallery of client pictures.

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Stguy,

How much did the last one weight? Sorry can't remember. Was it bigger or smaller?

Years ago when I mounted game heads vs. just fish, which I do now, I don't know how many times someone would say, "Well this is the last deer I'm going to mount. This is getting too expensive." Then I'd see them next year with a bigger one and then said they couldn't pass up mount that one. :rotflol:

The ones that really tickled me were the kids that got a monster buck on their first day of deer hunting and had no idea there was a 99.9999 percent change they'd get never another one that big.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Steve H.

« Reply #13 on: Oct 12, 2020, 09:38 AM »
What a fish!!!  That is so cool to see.  You wonder 'how big do they get?' and then to see a true trophy, that is amazing.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

stguy

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2020, 01:50 PM »
Stguy,

How much did the last one weight? Sorry can't remember. Was it bigger or smaller?

Years ago when I mounted game heads vs. just fish, which I do now, I don't know how many times someone would say, "Well this is the last deer I'm going to mount. This is getting too expensive." Then I'd see then next year with a bigger one and then said they couldn't pass up mount that one. :rotflol:

The ones that really tickled me were the kids that got a monster buck on their first day of deer hunting and had no idea there was a 99.9999 percent change they'd get never another one that big.

The first one was 7 pounds

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.