FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Annual River Trip  (Read 1485 times)

caught_the_fever

Annual River Trip
« on: Aug 16, 2018, 12:10 PM »
The first week of the month we were slated for our annual river trip, however, the lightning dissuaded us from doing so, particularly considering we now have a few children who have joined the trip.  A little wet weather didn't stop us from going last weekend, though unfortunately we lost a few due to other plans.  When the tradition started I was the only individual fishing the float ~ it was more about cold beverages, rope swings, etc.  Now all but one boat is fishing the waters - and fishing it hard. Plenty of fallfish, hard-fighting river smallies and one sizeable largemouth were caught.  A great weekend of camaraderie, camping and fishing.   

fish wayniac

Re: Annual River Trip
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Looks like a great time. Canoeing, fishing and camping is Awesome!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Good stuff and nice fish, Mike.  That gentleman in the red shirt has himself a tank of a largemouth.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2018, 08:43 PM »
That looks like a real fun time! There's nothing like a good float trip!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

franklin fisher

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2018, 01:39 PM »
  Cool post.  Thanks for sharing.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Nice trip overall! I have done that same trip a handful of times as well.
Wicked Wec

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2018, 11:31 AM »
that is a very fun trip, I used to do that canoe trip as a kid with family before I picked up fishing, good memories.

caught_the_fever

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Thanks all - was a blast, always look forward to that one for many reasons.  Something to be said about those moments on the water, especially now that we're bringing a few kids into the experience.  They've forged some great memories (one friend's daughter landed her first fish ever, another's son landed a beast of a fallfish at campsite). 

Jim - yes, my neighbor Jan, who took Sherri's spot in my canoe the past two years between our pregnancy and subsequently Caden's arrival.  Easily an 8lb fish - I have a large Stevens net and it filled the bag.

TightLines - it is a good one.   As you could likely tell, we do the lower section.  A bit more tame than the more northern/westerly stretch.  This year it really became a fishing trip for the first time, with the other guys working the water hard and the bite didn't let anyone down. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.