FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: pro fishing tourneys  (Read 666 times)

sageur

• wetter the water the better
pro fishing tourneys
« on: Apr 18, 2008, 03:38 PM »
 Ive seen reports with pro fishing tournaments many fish die in a course of a tournament. Ive also seen the after affects the next day. Dead fish floating . I know the the fish are kept alive then released after weight in. I'm saying these fish are not surviving.
  I'm all for tourneys for fun, but these pro tournaments are doing allot  of damage to our lakes.

chimo

Re: pro fishing tourneys
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Not all of the fish we release right after we catch them survive either.  Shoot, quite a few that I catch over the year never make it back in the water.  Granted a lot more swim away but I'm sure they don't all survive.  You could look at it in another way, if all the fish were killed during tournaments like they used to be, there would be even fewer fish than now, so while a few do die, more survive to be caught again.  good fishin

chimo

sageur

• wetter the water the better
Re: pro fishing tourneys
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2008, 04:47 PM »
 I do see major improvements and awareness in the tournament world. I'm gratefull for that ,not all tournaments are the same. If one fishes a Tournament please take extra care of  the fish in your live well. And good fishing for all

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.