FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LAKE BRUCE  (Read 1475 times)

abishop

LAKE BRUCE
« on: Sep 07, 2019, 07:31 AM »
Anyone been lately???

charlys1954

Re: LAKE BRUCE
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2019, 02:43 PM »
been there twice this year last time was Monday, fished from 8am till 2pm. I only go there to chase Muskies. Seen 3 rolling the surface but it was probably one 3 times it was within a acre area. No follows I could see but the water is always dirty about 2' or less visability. Bass fished about 1/2 hr nothing. Seen 6-8 other boats didn't see anyone pan fishing if that's what you was wanting to know.

I think the Musky population is not as good as the DNR says. I used to fish N.Webster all the time 15-20 yrs back and every trip I always had a few follows or caught one. I started back Musky fishing last yr and still looking to "see" my 1st follow at Bruce. They need to up the size limit. Not pointing a finger at anyone but I've heard storys of people finding dead muskies(legal and illegal size) floating w/slit throats or bellies.

Muskies are a sport fish, a small one might be good to eat I don't know they're illegal, but a legal size one is not. Just like bass/gills/eyes/perch/etc., the big ones to me aren't good to eat the small ones are delicious.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2019, 04:39 PM »
been there twice this year last time was Monday, fished from 8am till 2pm. I only go there to chase Muskies. Seen 3 rolling the surface but it was probably one 3 times it was within a acre area. No follows I could see but the water is always dirty about 2' or less visability. Bass fished about 1/2 hr nothing. Seen 6-8 other boats didn't see anyone pan fishing if that's what you was wanting to know.

I think the Musky population is not as good as the DNR says. I used to fish N.Webster all the time 15-20 yrs back and every trip I always had a few follows or caught one. I started back Musky fishing last yr and still looking to "see" my 1st follow at Bruce. They need to up the size limit. Not pointing a finger at anyone but I've heard storys of people finding dead muskies(legal and illegal size) floating w/slit throats or bellies.

Muskies are a sport fish, a small one might be good to eat I don't know they're illegal, but a legal size one is not. Just like bass/gills/eyes/perch/etc., the big ones to me aren't good to eat the small ones are delicious.
Last time I was there in the spring I caught 2 and I was crappie fishing. Landed the 24 incher but the other must of been 36 and got off at the boat. If I was fishing for them I suppose I would have to cast 1000 casts... Go figure?????

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2019, 07:42 PM »
I seen quite Abit of muskies out there this yr. And saw some big ones landed . I don't fish for them but my son has had a few absolute trophies follow rite to the boat and I've had a number of them follow a bobber to the boat in about 3 fow. But that's how it goes with everything in my book . If I fished for them I would prolly never see one lol

charlys1954

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2019, 08:52 PM »
You 2 have a point, example. Say you're deer hunting a woods that neighbors say they've seen a big 12pter go in. You hunt and never see him so on the last day of gun season you shoot a smaller buck. You go to take your stand down the next day and he walks by your stand.

My eye sight is not that great so I've probably had follows but never seen them. Last year I had one jump over my musky size crazy crawler right off the 2 sunken humps, that's the closest I've been. The bad thing about Bruce in the shallow flats/points next to deeper water, there's not many weeds. Weeds on the 3 flats/points on the south end of the are near non existance.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2019, 06:31 AM »
You 2 have a point, example. Say you're deer hunting a woods that neighbors say they've seen a big 12pter go in. You hunt and never see him so on the last day of gun season you shoot a smaller buck. You go to take your stand down the next day and he walks by your stand.

My eye sight is not that great so I've probably had follows but never seen them. Last year I had one jump over my musky size crazy crawler right off the 2 sunken humps, that's the closest I've been. The bad thing about Bruce in the shallow flats/points next to deeper water, there's not many weeds. Weeds on the 3 flats/points on the south end of the are near non existance.
yep that's how it goes lol. About 7 years ago I shot a decent 6 with my bow. Waited 45 min got Deon found my arrow and the deer. When I came back to grab my climber 20 min later .there stands a absolute giant with a doe 15 ft from my stand !!! Never forget it for the rest of my life lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.