FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Proposed changes  (Read 10490 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: NY Proposed changes
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2021, 05:26 AM »
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed is called pretentious. people that  feel a need to  correct other peoples  grammar have a obsessive-compulsive disorder/oppositional defiant disorder called Grammatical Pedantry Syndrome, or GPS..........

now   i have a  opinion and i disagree  with the states  idea of  making   trophy bluegills i  just want to go catch a  bucket  with my woman and  have dinner .... i disagree with the  states  stupid  trout  limits 2 fish  here 5 there 2  over 12  3 under  now according  to the  state i should  only take  8 inch  bluegill to ensure plenty of gaint fish  well then it stands to reason i should take 5 trout over 12  and release all smaller trout to insure a trophy trout fishery!!!!! ...it makes  no since and  the trout  hatchery is not going to run out of trout .....  the state won't stop this  foolishness next you'll see strict limits  and  sizes on perch i suggest  everyone  start  writing  to the  DEC  their  legislators and  the  governor..........
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2021, 05:48 AM »
I’ve been called a lot of things in my 72 years  but never a  pretentious obsessive-compulsive oppositional defiant with Grammatical Pedantry Syndrome.

Now I have an opinion. I don’t really care what limits they put on fish. I’m sure I’ll still be able to take enough for a meal or two….if I want to.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #32 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:01 AM »
now who be callin  any names????  heck i don't even  know what all them there  big words  even mean .......i put them up  just so  you'd think i was  smart too

Flukeman

« Reply #33 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:11 AM »
Trap is absolutely right about one thing, you had better make your voice heard. Basil Seggos and his pals have decided to either ignore or circumvent the counsels/committees we as sportsmen have in place to represent us. When this happens we must stand up for ourselves to be heard. Here is another proposed regulation coming down the pipeline. On May 1st on Black Lake the walleye are still spawning at the Rossi Dam, it will be a slaughter.  It may not effect Oneida Lake walleye people, but it will definitely effect folks from Black Lake and other northern lakes. Sometimes we need to stand up together for the betterment of our past time, even when it does not effect us or our local lake. These bureaucrats jam through what ever they want if you don't stand up and be heard.

DEC Proposes Changes to Freshwater Fishing Regulations to Help Make Angling More Accessible and Enjoyable
Proposals to Simplify Existing Regulations
Public Input Sought through Feb. 6, 2022

Providing consistency in opening and closing fishing season dates for sportfish. DEC currently uses a mixed approach for season dates. Some seasons begin on a specific date, while others start on a designated Saturday. Based on results of an angler poll conducted earlier this year, DEC is proposing that all sportfish seasons begin and end on specific dates. Notable changes to statewide opening dates are:

• May 1 for walleye, northern pike, pickerel, and tiger muskellunge

The full text and a summary of the proposed regulatory changes are available on DEC's website. DEC is interested in anglers' viewpoints and encourages public feedback on these proposals. Comments should be submitted via e-mail to [email protected]  with the subject line "Fishing Regulations Proposal Comments" or via mail to the Inland Fisheries Section, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4753. Comments will be accepted through Feb. 6, 2022.[/list]

trapper2000

« Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:25 AM »
flukeman  you said it  very well thank you ..... that is  exactly how i feel

Mac Attack

« Reply #35 on: Dec 28, 2021, 07:56 AM »
.................. heck i don't even  know what all them there  big words  even mean .......i put them up  just so  you'd think i was  smart too

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Every move a picture Trap!   :thumbup_smilie:

mcully

« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 2021, 09:57 AM »
Just another way to keep “undesirables” off certain bodies of water that the waterfront owners feel they and only they should have access to.
Brings into question how the DEC will enforce an area with multiple lakes of different limits. I know guys that hit several in a day. Old way was cumulative 50 gills. Now do you tag your Caz fish or go home before going anywhere else?
Why confuse something to death.

62 & Done

« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2021, 11:06 AM »
Just another way to keep “undesirables” off certain bodies of water that the waterfront owners feel they and only they should have access to.
Brings into question how the DEC will enforce an area with multiple lakes of different limits. I know guys that hit several in a day. Old way was cumulative 50 gills. Now do you tag your Caz fish or go home before going anywhere else?
Why confuse something to death.

Food for thought... A couple years back I fished an Adirondack pond and left early with about 10 gills in the bucket. Mind you there was a 50 fish limit there.  On my way home I stopped at Saratoga. I left the 10 in the truck.  I came off with my 15 fish limit for "that lake" and ran into an ECO.  I had quite a time convincing him of what I had done and if I didn't have a receipt for gas which I had bought in Glens Falls I know I would have gotten a ticket as he was not taking no for an answer.  All these different rules for different waters are only causing confusion.  If I was a judge I'd throw out every ticket with regard to these stupid rules .

trapper2000

« Reply #38 on: Dec 28, 2021, 01:30 PM »
to be  honest  fishogger  the guys i  fish with are  pretty honest  guys  in face  sportsmen are  honest  folks, the problem is the  state  all of a sudden wants to change simple rules  that have  worked  for many  years to try to stretch a  pan fish a  inch .... i  don't want to have to measure  a  sunfish if he's a keeper i'll toss  him in the  bucket if  not let him go . this is  just stupid

62 & Done

« Reply #39 on: Dec 29, 2021, 10:33 AM »
to be  honest  fishogger  the guys i  fish with are  pretty honest  guys  in face  sportsmen are  honest  folks, the problem is the  state  all of a sudden wants to change simple rules  that have  worked  for many  years to try to stretch a  pan fish a  inch .... i  don't want to have to measure  a  sunfish if he's a keeper i'll toss  him in the  bucket if  not let him go . this is  just stupid
      Ditto Trapper  I couldn't have said it any better      If it aint broke leave it be

taxid

« Reply #40 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:28 PM »
The really important question is: Why are we all still here and not over at Ice Shanty?   Probably no ice!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #41 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:42 PM »
The really important question is: Why are we all still here and not over at Ice Shanty?   Probably no ice!
Oh there’s ice up here in NY..
Did you forget what state your posting in…  ;D
And Trapp has been busy over there… :whistling: :whistling:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #42 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:57 PM »
i been  fishing and hunting  just about everyday i'm not going to  drive  2 hours for  ice when i can drive a  mile and  be catching perch......i don't care if i cast or i drill

fishinjohn

« Reply #43 on: Dec 29, 2021, 09:06 PM »
Since this thread is entitled "proposed changes"
I'm gonna change the subject JUST A SMIDGE.. 
Now NY is proposing in 2022 that all outdoor wood boilers be banned... Also part of the bill is designed to eliminate gas atv availability in NYS
***W......T.....F..**** is wrong with this state?!?!!?!!??!??!?!
You mean to tell me that gas atv usage in NY creates more carbon emissions than  NYC cabs?
Give me a freaking break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://wyrk.com/heating-with-firewood-in-new-york/

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #44 on: Dec 30, 2021, 10:00 AM »
I remember when they banned our burn barrels, then they light the Gulf of Mexico on fire to burn off the spewing oil.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.