FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New From Quebec City!  (Read 6944 times)

steven girard

New From Quebec City!
« on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Hi,,Gonna try to keep you in toutch with Quebec city and  St-Lowrance River!

Stay tune!  ;)

steven girard

Re: New From Quebec City!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Oh! I'm Steven Girard.

Signpainter(When i'm not in contact with water!)  :D

Fishing at opening and ending of the season for myself!

Guiding on St-Lawrence river!

I'm also a fishing helper for commercial sturgeon fishing for a smokerplace!

A lot of water and fishes in my usual seasons! ;)

Santo180

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2012, 03:14 PM »
Didn't know Quebec had a commercial sturgeon fishery.  Must be a thrill to target them.  I've heard they are a very tasty fish.

steven girard

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Very tasty..Smoked! Miamm! I cautch one, about 52'' october 28 before the ending of season, and it went directly to ths smokery...i went to differents xmass party and bring filet parts for many lunchs..Everyone  really appréciated the taste!

When we are full operationnal..we got 14 nets arround Orléans Island.. Each 125' by 10' net are a guest! if we are lucky..we're able to get 14-20 in one net..if not..it's 0... Our season is shorter than sportfishing season..we have to stop july-august,,because of the water temp...it's to hot and contain less oxigen so it could make us have to mutch lost of them, and we're stopping by the end of september!.. We took the habbit to manage our spots to be sure that we're gonna have fishes for many years..by putting the young one and big one back to the St-Lawrence...It's something very special end amazing to unstuck from the nets and put back species arround 8 and 9 feet.. It's always a shame when we found some deads one (because we cannot go to retreive the net every day when the weather is bad!)  But..it's a very interresting experience..i wish that to all..of course, it's really a hard work to do..install all those net is really  hard work, and always have to keep in mind the security of each abord..take care of the nets moove, the anchors(those are impressive), the ropes Everything is dangerous, but very interresting and fun to do at the same time!

puncho

• to fish or not to fish that is the question
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Hello Steven another forum that I come to visit once in a while. Talk to you later.
I am a fishing forum addict, is it really a bad thing ?

steven girard

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Hi!  Puncho.. Have a good water season!

Don't forget to bring us pictures!  ;)

steven girard

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Start yesterday with a couple of suckers! and one thing funny..got a really big fight with something really impressive,,don't know what,,but when i lost it..i feel something on my rod..like herbs  or others..but it was a lamprey,,my jig cautch it and when i lost the figth..i haved just seperate it from the fish!... :D

Dabluz

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:15 PM »
I know Steven and have met him many times.  He is an excellent fisherman and fishing guide whether it's for fishing from a boat or shore fishing.  He is about the best person to contact if anyone wants to go fishing near Quebec City.

steven girard

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Thanks Dan,, in the team i'm the onlyone speaking english. so I take care of all outsiders!..

surflizard

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2012, 06:27 AM »
Bonjour, mon vieil ami, bon de vous voir ici, sur mon détecteur de poissons, bonne chance cette saison et je vous remercie de partager les photos avec nous ! :thumbup_smilie:

Surf

braley

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Hi Steven

Have you heard anything about the fishing on manitou again reservoir this year? I am planning a visit for August.

Thanks
Braley

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.