FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How many of you miss this?  (Read 7229 times)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: How many of you miss this?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 21, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Heck ya i miss that  ;D

right after i put the food in the freezer i am ready for the ice  ;D

Bring on the ICE 8)

TheDL

« Reply #16 on: Jul 21, 2011, 10:43 AM »
while I do miss parts of ice fishing, I never catch anywhere near as many fish through the ice.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I went out to good spots twice a week all winter long and only managed a handfull of fish the whole season...many, many skunkings.  I almost never go a week without a nice haul in the summer  :-\
it'll be here soon enough, and we'll all be wishing for warmth again.  Ah, the fickle fisherman  ;)
tight lines....

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #17 on: Jul 21, 2011, 11:38 AM »
ya im missin the hard water right now

OTIS

« Reply #18 on: Jul 21, 2011, 11:59 AM »
while I do miss parts of ice fishing, I never catch anywhere near as many fish through the ice.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I went out to good spots twice a week all winter long and only managed a handfull of fish the whole season...many, many skunkings.  I almost never go a week without a nice haul in the summer  :-\
it'll be here soon enough, and we'll all be wishing for warmth again.  Ah, the fickle fisherman  ;)

I hear ya DL!  I like icefishing, but almost always go alone and don't have any where near the success I do out in the boat.

I like all the outdoor sports, but I don't really favor one over another.  They all seem to come at just the right time!  I'm enjoying a good season on the open water, and I'm starting to look forward to hunting season.  Food plots will be going in real soon, and a new treestand or two will be going up as well.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

drfhaha123

« Reply #19 on: Jul 21, 2011, 03:58 PM »
MISS IT BIG TIME

JAMMER

« Reply #20 on: Jul 21, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Bring it on.

justfine

« Reply #21 on: Jul 21, 2011, 09:08 PM »
yep cant wait bring on the ice

hoghammer

« Reply #22 on: Jul 22, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Count me in. I need hard water!

StingingLips

« Reply #23 on: Jul 22, 2011, 01:37 PM »
what I would give to have the shivers and snot froze to my face at 4 in the morning on the ride across the lake on the hard water.

gorilla head

• tbe back porch II
« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Sept 15 baby!!!!!! Bambi's  Daddy look out we comming for you, Ha HA HA

junior88

• Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
« Reply #25 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:41 PM »
I spent  days fishing the outer banks of North Carolina . Then another seven days in northern Ontario Canada walleye fishing. The whole time I kept thinking of the ice. I caught some of the biggest smallmouth and walleye of my life in Canada, but still was not as exciting as pulling one thru the ice. Dont know what it is about hardwater fishing , must be a sickness.

Big B Muskies

« Reply #26 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:43 PM »
I spent  days fishing the outer banks of North Carolina . Then another seven days in northern Ontario Canada walleye fishing. The whole time I kept thinking of the ice. I caught some of the biggest smallmouth and walleye of my life in Canada, but still was not as exciting as pulling one thru the ice. Dont know what it is about hardwater fishing , must be a sickness.

Where were you in Northern Ontario?

junior88

• Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Lake Lady Evelyn , Island 10 fishing retreat.

IDAHOAUGER

« Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I know I do!

I miss it!!  Ice Shany is a ghost town now.  In a few months we will start thinking of this again.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

dutch 1

« Reply #29 on: Jul 24, 2011, 07:42 AM »

Just a teaser
click on pic

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.