FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Striper night  (Read 861 times)

Knot there yet

Striper night
« on: Jul 22, 2020, 12:51 PM »
 Took a break from kayak till last night.
 Got reports of big spooky striped bass. Guys saying they’re marking and not catching all over Boston Harbor. The kayak proved its worth and advantage over boats last night.
 Launch at 5:30pm guys leaving say pogies everywhere we don’t see any then at low tide boom pogies everywhere. Snag a few but no feeding bass. Go looking for more schools of pogies and spook  big school of stripers. One splashes so big thought my buddy jump out his Kayak.
The boats see and come fish scattered. We loop around again fish start to roll again but this time they don’t scatter. Reel get slammed drag ripping line out I check lever drag it against the button so I know it’s big. I harvested a33” for table already on fly rod and she’s over board. I fight the fish couple runs and think my drag is messed up she can still peal drag but she did. 43” so it comes onboard next to 33” and it twice as thick and only 10” longer. Let go let grow she swam away. Call my buddy on radio he’s says on his way 10 minutes 40 minutes later still no Jon. Start heading towards him and splash splash I yell you in your kayak he yells those are fish jumping we laughed till our belly’s hurt as much as our arms did. 3guys caught 12-15 fish over 40”. Sat in bed sleepless waiting for adrenaline wear off. Stay tight thanks for read

lowaccord66

Re: Striper night
« Reply #1 on: Jul 22, 2020, 01:04 PM »
Great stuff.  When bass do that...I deploy eels!

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2020, 08:27 PM »
Congrats!

icefisher47

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2020, 09:37 PM »
Congratulations
Take a kid fishing

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2020, 08:51 AM »